Taylor & Francis Group is looking for an Architect to join our rapidly growing team. You’ll have an incredible opportunity to build a career within a start-up like environment while helping researchers expand the reaches of human knowledge. T&F is building the world’s leading platform connecting the network of human knowledge. We are passionate about helping researchers achieve their goals, which in turn adds new nodes to the ever-expanding graph of research information. We believe that researchers are our number one priority so we work hard to deliver value back to them with everything we do. We believe strongly in team ownership, we are all involved in the planning of features at the beginning and own them through deployment and monitoring.
You will be working with highly motivated and extremely talented engineers on creating frontend and backend vertical services with quality, performance and scale in mind at every step of the way. We are using a microservices based architecture composed of multiple services joined into one API. Our architecture uses Angular2/React and Node for the web and Typescript and Java on the backend.
As an Architect, you will architect & design new features alongside a talented team of engineers that will enrich the experience of our users and partners. As we grow the network of human knowledge, you will help ensure our software services are positioned to harness it to accelerate our business.
- You are a technology evangelist, well aware of technology trends
- You possess a strong belief in agile and lean thinking
- You have an entrepreneurial attitude that gets high quality projects done quickly
- You are passionate about your craft and want to be surrounded by like-minded individuals
- You like to ship software early and often
- You care about selecting the right tool for the right job
- You are comfortable working at all tiers of modern applications, from the frontend all the way to the database
- You possess solid software development fundamentals (data structures, algorithms, problem solving, OO design, and system architecture).
- You have experience in building enterprise workflow and integrations using Mule ESB or similar Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) Platforms
- You have designed applications using Microservice Architecture, Domain Driven Design, REST APIs
- You collaborate well with others but are excited to own a big feature
- You value simplicity and strive to eliminate unnecessary complexity
- You have a BE/Msc - Computer Science
- You have a minimum 12+ years industry experience
- You have some exposure to the publishing domain
- Architect, design, code and deploy full-scale systems.
- Own technical integrity across systems and projects
- Define technical requirements (scalability, availability, maintenance, security) and drive the implementation.
- Contribute to all aspects of the services under the team’s ownership, which includes design, automation, deployment, and uptime of the services.
- Build automated deployments for consistent software releases with zero downtime.
- Set the vision for all services within the platform
- Create the roadmap based on customer and company desires.
- Build technology the right way: for us, this means simple, well-tested services that gradually grow over time, and that provide plenty of insight into production performance
The Company - Taylor & Francis Group an Informa Business
Informa is a leading academic publishing, business intelligence, knowledge and events business, creating unique content and connectivity for customers all over the world. It is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a member of the FTSE 100.
Taylor & Francis Group operates globally and produces high quality, peer reviewed books and journals. We produce unique, trusted content by expert authors, spreading knowledge and promoting discovery globally. We aim to broaden thinking and advance understanding, providing academics and professionals with a platform to share ideas and realise their individual potential.
To find out more about our business and the great career opportunities please go to our Careers Site: http://www.taylorandfrancisgroup.com/careers
Taylor & Francis is committed to equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, colour, creed, disability status, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.