Informa is a leading international events, intelligence and scholarly research group. Listed on the London Stock Exchange and a member of the FTSE 100, Informa has over 11,000 colleagues working in more than 30 countries.
At Informa Tech, we believe that technology innovation is key to driving positive change in our society. We believe that digital inclusion underpins progress. And we believe that diversity in tech is central to a thriving industry.
Our aim is to inspire the global technology community to build a better world by informing, educating and connecting them through world-class research, training, events, and media.
We sit at the heart of the tech community with specialisms in emerging tech/AI, enterprise IT, cyber security, service providers/NextG, critical communications, media & entertainment and marketing technology.
Leveraging over 100 trusted brands, we offer an unrivalled global networking community and platform for technologists and innovators to be inspired and reach their full potential.
(Join us and reach yours!)
The Service Provider pillar are looking to appoint an Audience Marketer on a permanent basis in Central London (working from home during COVID-19).
The Audience Marketer is responsible for converting Audience Prospects into monetized audiences; seeking to convert a qualified audience prospect to a delegate to a Physical, Virtual or Hybrid event, a student to Training, or a subscriber to Research. The role will focus on the Service Provider/Telecommunications Industry.
The Audience Marketer will be producing the following;
- Design and execution of marketing campaigns.
- Plan content agenda to attract and nurture prospects through buyer journey.
- KPI tracking, reporting, forecasting and performance metrics.
- Marketing automation strategy.
What would be my Key Responsibilities?
- Identifying the target audience prospects and secure reach into prospects that are aware.
- Designing and executing marketing campaigns that encourage audience prospects to walk through the buying cycle from awareness to interest, desire and ultimately (e-commerce) action (and advocacy).
- Driving delegates to Physical and Virtual Events (paid and unpaid).
- Coordinating and collaborating with our internal Marketing Services group, Informa Engage to drive registrations for Marketing Services campaigns.
- Driving the process of marketing acquisition of student sales to Training.
- Driving individual subscriber and one-off sales to Research.
- Cross pollinate audiences from one source of information, education and connection to another.
- Test strategies to optimize offering of insight and permission.
Best practice/measuring performance/innovation & product development
- Creating a best practice marketing environment, driving efficiency and effectiveness. Utilizes the Marketing Excellence tools and approach.
- Partnering with Data & Analytics within Pillar, to analyze data and use data to measure and improve performance.
- KPIs; reporting, forecasting and performance metrics to key internal and external stakeholders, highlighting revenue risks, opportunities and changing landscapes.
- Regularly reviewing marketing plans, response rates, audience demographics, and industry best practices.
- Maximizing usage and adherence to Informa systems and processes, adopting best practice and facilitating developments in line with internal and external requirements.
- Fostering and leading internal partnerships, ensuring collaboration is driven with a customer focus.
What skills, abilities and knowledge do I need to have?
- Demonstrable experience in Campaign Management, forming and executing a strategy that raises awareness, generates interest and desire, and solicits action. Leveraging multiple techniques and channels in order to achieve objectives.
- Prior audience marketing experience and ability to understand the target audiences, brand propositions and key messages.
- Direct response marketing experience; soliciting a call to action, generating demand for delegate attendance or sale.
- Content Marketing; art of using relevant, engaging content to attract and nurture prospects through the buyer journey.
- Building and maintaining relationships and understanding customer needs.
- Managing senior stakeholders and large complex customers.
- Demonstrable knowledge of the competitive landscape.
- History of marketing KPI delivery.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills written, verbal, presentation.
- Self-starter approach to work, with an eagerness to consistently meet and exceed objectives.
- Can-do attitude to deliver results.
Why work for Informa?
- Learning and Development plan to assist with your career development
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, 4 days for volunteering and a day off for your Birthday!
- Central London office at Blackfriars with views across London, an onsite gym and restaurant, and a variety of amenities nearby
- Life assurance
- Other flexible benefits include Healthcare, Cycle to Work scheme and Season Ticket Loans
- 5% Pension match
- Share-Match options - become a shareholder
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under local law.
This role may also be available on a flexible working schedule – please ask the Talent Acquisition team for more information.