Twelve month contract to provide maternity cover in one of Omdia's core service provider research teams. The role is Principal Analyst level, and the successful candiate will create research on consumer fixed-broadband go-to-market strategy as well as act as Omdia's lead consumer broadband and bundling strategy analyst in the European region.
Principal Analyst, Broadband, Bundling and Pricing – 12 month FTC Maternity Cover
This role is accountable for leading Omdia's research on consumer fixed-broadband go-to-market strategy as well as act as Omdia's lead consumer broadband and bundling strategy analyst in the European region. To be Omdia’s leading voice in the consumer ultra-fast broadband market, aid in Omdia's connected home strategy research and work with the RD of Service Provider Consumer to ensure Omdia is always at the leading edge of research in both areas.
The Principal Analyst role is responsible for:
- Written reports – detailed and insightful analysis to provide customers with clear guidance on service provider go-to-market strategy. Connects the dots with other data sets and analysts
- Regular client briefings
- Thought leadership pieces – regular and recognised commentary on technology change and recommendations regarding risks and opportunities
- Presentations – keynote presentations and conference chairing
- Custom – development of proposals and fulfilment for complex and collaborative customer specific engagements.
The Principal Analyst is expected to assume the following key responsibilities plus any other reasonable duties as required:
- Thought leadership – Produce written insights and press material that provides a solution perspective; be opinionated and look for opportunities to comment on industry news; highly recognized within coverage areas
- Primary research – leading interviews with key industry contacts; attending shows; F2F visits to support relationship development with leading industry figures; using interviews to offer opinion and insight on market developments
- Secondary research – delegating secondary research tasks; using a range of secondary sources to support primary research including – the internet, trade journals, in-house research, trade associations, public reports, financial releases, company press releases
- Writing – Providing qualitative analysis to support and justify data with a focus on change and development; use a text plan and outline structure to support output; analyse impact of technology and key market trends; include guidance and opinion on risks & opportunities
- Forecasting – Using primary and secondary research to generate market projections; using credible sources to support forecasts; logging all assumptions and working in a clear way; creating the story around market development/opportunities/risks; develop forecast scenarios
- Mentoring – be a coach for more junior members of the team in terms of their development as analysts and their research output.
- Sales support – Partner with the sales team to generate new leads, progress existing leads, and support renewals; use scoping to continually evolve the research offering
Skills, Abilities & Knowledge
- Leading industry knowledge of service provider strategies and operations
- Highly developed research skills
- Planning and executing outstanding written reports to deliver key research highlights
- Comes with established network of senior industry players
- Multitasking – ability to prioritise and delegate competing tasks effectively
- Excel database and pivot table expertise
- Advanced ability to find and piece together insight from multiple sources and to connect the dots; thinks big picture about market, not just the issue at hand
- Recognised industry thought leader – “on the circuit”
- Ability to informally call on senior contacts for updates etc.
- Confident in hosting customer briefings and leading customer calls for a number of related research areas
- Excel – advanced grasp of Excel for data manipulation, and pivot table creation
- Leads collaborative effort towards a common goal; knows who and where to seek support
- Ability to think outside the box in approaching problems to find innovative solutions
- Prioritising time for competing tasks, and delegating manual tasks wherever possible
- Writing detailed, insightful and opinionated reports in a structured and concise way
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under local law.