Informa Intelligence, part of the FTSE 50 Informa Group, provides data, intelligence and insight to clients globally. Informa Intelligence has 2500 staff in 60 locations across the globe with significant coverage in the USA and a large central London UK office. We have over 100 product lines spanning five key industry verticals: Pharma, Finance, Maritime, Asset and Construction with dynamic and evolving plans to significantly grow the portfolio of products and customers.
To support our growth plans for Pharma Intelligence in 2020 and beyond, we are looking for an ambitious Business Development Manager to join us and drive new business opportunities on multiple products, services, client groups and territories.
- Proactively hunting for new business opportunities, targeting organisations that do not currently engage with our products and services
- Prospecting for new clients via phone, email and social media
- Managing a robust pipeline and preparing accurate sales forecasts, with new growth ideas and spotting opportunities outside of traditional customer base
- Maintaining high levels of outbound activity, keeping an active schedule of calls, meetings and proposals
- Producing high quality, bespoke proposals based on a deep understanding of client challenges and successfully mapping against the benefits of Informa products
- Becoming an expert in the Intelligence product suite (subscriptions, one-time products, and consulting), our competitors and our clients, to provide excellent service & maximize sales
- Internal stakeholder networking to help collaborate on opportunities
- Experience in b2b sales and demonstratable experience in prospecting
- Working knowledge of the Pharmaceutical or Healthcare industry would be advantageous but not essential
- Proven track record in winning new business
- Proactive and motivated by a fast paced, target driven environment
- Exceptional communication and influencing skills, able to build credible relationships both internally and externally
- Demonstrates enthusiasm for continued learning and development around sales process and long-term goals
- Experience using Salesforce would be beneficial
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under local law.