Informa is a leading international events, intelligence and scholarly research group. Listed on the London Stock Exchange and a member of the FTSE 100, Informa has over 11,000 colleagues working in more than 30 countries.
At Informa Tech, we believe that technology innovation is key to driving positive change in our society. We believe that digital inclusion underpins progress. And we believe that diversity in tech is central to a thriving industry.
Our aim is to inspire the global technology community to build a better world by informing, educating and connecting them through world-class research, training, events, and media.
We sit at the heart of the tech community with specialisms in emerging tech/AI, enterprise IT, cyber security, service providers/NextG, critical communications, media & entertainment and marketing technology.
Leveraging over 100 trusted brands, we offer an unrivalled global networking community and platform for technologists and innovators to be inspired and reach their full potential.
(Join us and reach yours!)
The Central Marketing team is looking to appoint a SEO and SEM Marketing Executive on a permanent basis in Central London (working from home during COVID-19).
Working in a dynamic, creative and highly collaborative central digital marketing team, the SEO and SEM Marketing Executive will create, implement and optimise successful SEO and SEM strategies across key Informa Tech brands. Operating as an internal agency, this individual will work within a central team of four whilst collaborating with marketing teams working within market/industry ‘Pillars’, consisting of events, training courses, research products and media properties. This successful candidate will lead on SEO and SEM campaigns which drive an increase in branch reach and perception amongst a variety of tech and telecoms communities, expand Informa Tech’s qualified audience base and significantly increase conversion, whilst improving the ROI of omni-channel campaigns.
Why this role?
The role would be suitable for someone who is passionate about all things digital marketing. We are looking for someone who has experience in;
- Technical knowledge in google analytics, google adverts, social media and PPC
The role is based in the Central Marketing team which supports the Informa Tech as a global brand. You get a chance to work with events, research and training teams delivering world class marketing solutions and campaigns with a digital focus.
- Collaborating with the Pillar Marketing Leads, creating the SEM strategy across events, media properties, training courses and research products
- Increase discoverability, reach and perception of Informa Tech brands and properties by defining and implementing an effective SEO strategy and roadmap to increase natural search traffic volumes, against Pillar marketing objectives
- Work with the Digital Marketing – SEO / SEM Lead to create a best practice framework for SEM and SEO strategy implementation
- Conduct full SEO audits of key Informa Tech properties to effectively inform Pillar marketing strategies
- Closely align with the Pillar Marketing teams to create integrated cross-channel campaigns designed around core personas and user journeys
- Identify a targeted approach to personalisation, including e.g. plans by geographies, query types, device and behaviours
- Set up cross-domain tracking and consistent Google Analytics views/segments and goals to effectively track campaign performance
- Implement consistent UTM tracking across Pillars and campaigns to effectively measure campaign reach and effectiveness
- Leverage relevant and effective, content rich assets and collateral, from video to gated reports, to meet Pillar marketing goals and objectives, such as sponsorship lead generation, direct delegate purchase, media property subscriber conversion etc
- Consistently optimise SEM campaigns at key junctures, ensuring creatives and targeting remain highly relevant and effective
- Track and optimise SEO initiatives and their effectiveness, assessing key word volumes and their impact on increased, quality traffic
- Create weekly and monthly SEM trackers for circulation to key stakeholders and Pillar marketing teams, with commentary on channel performance, analysis and suggested optimisations
- Create a monthly SEO tracker by Pillar for circulation to key stakeholders and teams, with commentary, analysis and suggested optimisations
- Effectively track and manage SEM budgets across all owned campaigns
- Regularly and consistently track and maximise ROI of all SEM campaigns, including the benchmarking of CPAs and CPLs across certain personas/audience types
- Working and managing external digital marketing agencies across strategically outsourced digital marketing campaigns, defining objectives, KPIs and budgets, in collaboration with Pillar Marketing Leads
- Creating post campaign reports summarising channel performance, ROI, lead generation volume and quality and conversion metrics against targets
- Facilitate digital marketing upskilling sessions across Pillar marketing teams
- Research competitor activity, assess strengths and weaknesses and identify opportunities or issues
Skills, Abilities & Knowledge
- 3-5 years’ Digital Marketing experience
- Creating comprehensive and effective SEO and SEM strategies, aligned to overarching marketing objectives
- An in-depth understanding of SEO and practical experience implementing successful SEO strategies
- Remarketing and Cross Domain Tracking
- Extensive knowledge of Google Analytics with and in-depth experience in segment building and goal set-up, as well as cross domain tracking
- Hands-on experience creating and optimising SEM campaigns (including remarketing) across Google Ads, Microsoft Ads, YouTube etc
- Extensive knowledge of paid social media advertising, with experience implementing successful campaigns across LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook etc
- Highly analytical, with proven experience in analysing data, analytics and channel performance and recommending improvements
- Proven success creating and implementing creative SEO and SEM campaigns, serving a variety of personas/target audiences, resulting on a Y-o-Y increase in quality web traffic, leads generated, newsletter subscribers gained, revenue and sponsorship etc
- Experience managing and working alongside agencies to define and deliver against key objectives to drive performance
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills, across varying product lines and locations
- Ability to work in a fast paced, agency-like environment
- Experience instilling digital marketing best practice and upskilling teams
- Excellent attention to detail
- Experience within the B2B tech and telecoms events/research/media sectors is preferred, but not essential
- Excellent team player
- Excellent time management and prioritisation skills
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing preferable
Why work for Informa?
- Learning and Development plan to assist with your career development
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, 4 days for volunteering and a day off for your Birthday!
- Central London office at Blackfriars with views across London, an onsite gym and restaurant, and a variety of amenities nearby
- Life assurance
- Other flexible benefits include Healthcare, Cycle to Work scheme and Season Ticket Loans
- 5% Pension match
- Share-Match options - become a shareholder
- Regular Social Events and Networking opportunities
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under local law.
This role may also be available on a flexible working schedule – please ask the Talent Acquisition team for more information.