As a leading international academic publisher, we have an exciting opportunity for a Customer Experience Specialist to enhance Taylor and Francis presence across the MENA region, with a particular focus on Egypt. The successful candidate will help design, and then provide training online and onsite, cultivating existing customer relationships as well as supporting the Sales team in gaining new business.
Customer Experience Specialist will work help customer retention, contributing to territory sales plans to maximise revenue in line with overall company strategy, and identify opportunities for revenue growth within the academic, hospitals and government markets.
Reporting to the Area Sales Manager, the key responsibilities in the role include:
- Engaging with stakeholders to ensure training and visits meet the customer’s and business needs
- Work with the Area Sales Manager to build and implement an annual training program plan.
- Building strong customer relationships in Territory with both agents, library staff and faculty by regular visits, emails and calls.
- Support new business opportunities in the academic, Hospitals and government markets
- Identify at risk customers and work with library marketing to ensue high usage of content
- Work with Marketing to undertake market research, profiling and customer analysis on behalf of the sales team to maximize revenue
- Work with sales managers to support Open Access initiatives to become a leader in the market
- Attend regional conferences, library events as and when needed
what we are looking for:
- Good knowledge of English, Arabic and excellent communication and presentation skills
- The ability to effectively pass on knowledge as a trainer
- Able to build a case study by using data
- Knowledge of university libraries and how their resources are deploy and experience working in academic publishing would be desired but not essential
- A strong training profile
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook).
- Marketing or Sales background would be desired but not essential.
- Able to travel at least 30% of the time.
This position will be based our Informa Office in Cairo, Egypt with quarterly visist to Taylor & Francis headquarters in the UK (when travel is able to safely resume post covid-19).
At Taylor & Francis we care about our colleagues, promoting work-life balance, wellbeing and flexible working. We believe that the skills and experience you bring to Taylor & Francis are invaluable. We want you to have the opportunity to develop your abilities, and to innovate and develop in areas which you are passionate about. We would like to thank all applicants in advance and regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Taylor & Francis Group an Informa Business
Informa is a leading academic publishing, business intelligence, knowledge and events business, creating unique content and connectivity for customers all over the world. It is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a member of the FTSE 100.
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under local law. This role may also be available on a flexible working or part time basis – please ask the Talent Acquisition team for more information.
To find out more about our business and the great career opportunities please go to our Careers Site: http://www.taylorandfrancisgroup.com/careers