Informa Intelligence, part of the FTSE 50 Informa Group, provides data, intelligence and insight to clients globally. Informa Intelligence has 2500 staff in 60 locations across the globe. We have over 100 product lines spanning five key industry verticals: Pharma, Finance, Maritime, Asset and Construction with dynamic and evolving plans to significantly grow the portfolio of products and customers.
Maritime Intelligence, part of Informa Intelligence, delivers, intelligence, analysis and news on the global maritime industry enabling our clients to effectively navigate the market, identify trends and help them make effective business decisions. Covering the general commercial shipping industry our core areas focus on Risk and Compliance, Regulation, Containers, Dry Bulk, Tankers and Gas. Maritime Intelligence is now recruiting for a Business Development Manager in our Singapore office.
This role is accountable for meeting and exceeding the monthly, quarterly and annual Orders and Sales targets of the Maritime & Law such that it achieves sustainable, profitable Growth. The Maritime Intelligence Vertical produces £45m in revenue from four strategic revenue streams. These are Subscriptions, One-off sales, Consulting, and Marketing Services.
Role & Responsibilities
- Working with the Snr. BDM to execute the business development sales strategy
- The achievement of monthly, quarterly and annual BD sales targets.
- The creation and execution of BD Territory Plans and identifying growth areas/markets
- The execution of best practice Pipeline and Opportunity Management and disciplined usage of the company system of record for CRM (SalesForce.com)
- Timely/accurate forecasting of Orders and Sales on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis
Skills & Experience
- Proven experience preferably in Business Information/Intelligence with a new business development focus and hunter mindset
- Understanding of the basic business policies surrounding a subscriptions-based business
- Highly developed business acumen and ability to understand and address the wider Maritime industry and its customers
- Highly enthusiastic, passionate and results-driven with a humble, open-to-learning attitude
- An impressive personality to communicate effectively with clients and internal stakeholders
- Ability to thrive in a challenging environment requiring high degree of deadline-driven productivity, commitment, adaptability, communication, initiative and follow-through.
- High standards of working to team KPIs and delivering an ethos of winning methods rather than just winning results
- A degree in any discipline (Business related degree’s preferable)
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under local law.
To apply for this opportunity and develop your career within an industry-leading global brand, please send your full resume / CV and a cover letter to email@example.com highlighting your suitability and salary expectations.