Barbour ABI is the market leading provider of UK construction intelligence services, with offices in Central London, Cheltenham and Cheshire. With more than 80 years’ experience, our in-house team of research specialists and a dedicated economics team provide commercially relevant insight and unique analysis of trends and developments within the building and construction industry. Barbour ABI is the chosen provider of Construction New Orders estimates data to the Office for National Statistics and partner of the Government’s Infrastructure and Projects Authority in providing the National Infrastructure and Construction Pipeline.
Barbour ABI are looking for a determined, focused and results driven Researcher to join our rapidly growing global company based in Cheshire Oaks.
About the role
We are looking for a Telephone Researcher to join our Research team at Barbour ABI. Primarily this role consists of researching current construction projects to a high level using the telephone, internet and other communication sources to generate opportunities for our customers.
What will you be doing?
- Researching current construction projects to a high level using the telephone, internet and other communication sources to generate opportunities for our customers
- Interacting directly with customers through our internal CRM systems to answer queries on project information
- Managing your own workload to ensure project information is current, accurate and delivered in a timely manner to meet department expectations
- Achieving KPI targets around project volume, quality of data gathered and call time and dials
- Liaising with other colleagues within the business
- Building relationships with contacts within the construction industry
- Be open to performing other tasks as the manager and business requires
What will skills and experience do you need to have in order to be successful in this role?
- An excellent telephone manner is essential as is the ability to confidently communicate at all levels
- Good written and verbal communication skills as well as attention to detail
- Contact centre experience – inbound and outbound will be considered
- Attention to detail
- Strong planning, organisation and time management skills
- Be computer savvy – as you will be expected to use their bespoke CMS system
- Determined to exceed targets and objections
What can you get from this role?
- A 6-month induction to continuous training from a dedicated Research Training Manager which includes 121 training, workshops and on the job coaching & training
- A great internal leadership team who have all been promoted internally
- An open plan office with free car parking
- 25 days rising to 27 days after 2 years as well as 4 days volunteering and a day off for your birthday
- Private Pension
- Life assurance
- Other flexible benefits include Healthcare, Cycle to Work scheme and Season Ticket Loans
- 5% Pension match
- Share-Match options - become a shareholder
- Ongoing development and support
This is an exciting opportunity to join a forward thinking and evolving organisation that offers ongoing development and career recognition.
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under local law.
This role may also be available on a flexible working schedule – please ask the Talent Acquisition team for more information.