The Company Due Diligence Analyst will contribute to credit report production in the APAC region focused on maritime companies, as well as due diligence research into vessel ownership structures, and sanction checks. The analyst will ensure the delivery and quality of regional maritime company analysis and due diligence, to support our APAC revenue growth plans and customer groups. They will work in a team of credit analysts to research and validate the entities associated with vessels to build operating structures, conduct financial analysis and generate credit ratings, and answer in-bound client queries on ownership of vessels particularly in the APAC region. The analyst will also be required to conduct regular quality checks on reports produced by other analysts.
This position presents an exciting opportunity for a results-driven individual with company and financial analysis and reporting experience. Maritime knowledge would be an advantage but much more important is a passion for company investigations and someone who can work well with continual change and a desire to exceed expectations..
- Produce an agreed number of credit reports per month against volume and timeliness KPI.
- Respond to in-bound customer queries related to ownership of vessels and sanction checks.
- Research and analyse companies, shipping and financial markets as well as other relevant data and information to make confident and concise credit risk judgements while displaying knowledge and integrity, making estimates and projections of companies’ future financial performance.
- Continually develop understanding of the shipping industry to enable high quality writing on the profile of the company, which will include covering vessel types, chartering activity, cargo trade routes, bunkering, finance etc.
- Make regular contact with clients and market contacts by phone and email, as well as maintaining good relations with external suppliers of information.
- Network with clients and other members of the industry at conferences and other events.
- Respond to queries from customers efficiently and professionally
- Support the Lloyd’s List Intelligence sales team by being an EMEA regional go-to person for company analysis SME and therefore attend client visits when required alongside sales and/or product management
- Required to be proficient (both spoken and written) in English and Mandarin as the incumbent will be required to liaise with English or Mandarin speaking clients – utility in other APAC languages is a bonus
- A proven understanding of analysing company financial data
- Excellent written skills; editorial or proof-reading experience is advantageous
- Demonstrable analytical skills, both quantitative and qualitative
- Excellent communication skills, with an ability to persuade others
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills – Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Innovative and dynamic approach to problem-solving
- Experience of resolving complex customer queries is advantageous
- An understanding or the maritime industry is advantageous but not a requirement.
Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under local law.
To apply for this opportunity and develop your career within an industry-leading global brand, please send your full resume / CV and a cover letter to email@example.com highlighting your suitability and salary expectations.