We have a fantastic opportunity for a commercially focused Finance Analyst to join our leading global academic publishing company in a business partnering role. The role will report into a Finance Business Controller, and be part of a high performance, driven, Divisional Finance team.
What you will be doing:
- Support the Business Controller in providing forward looking business finance support
- Business partner to one or more members of the Senior Leadership Team
- Support Business Partners with financial processes that impact their team
- Preparation of forecast, budgets and business plans
- Review of monthly P&Ls and follow-up on variances to budget, forecast and prior year
- Contributing to the commentary in the monthly performance review packs
- Performing detailed analysis of revenues and costs to identify and quantify financial risks and opportunities
- Modelling scenarios to assess and demonstrate the impact of future revenue & cost behaviours
- Working with colleagues in the Reporting Team and the Shared Service Organisation to ensure that the managerial reporting needs of the business are met
What can you bring?
- You’ll be an experienced accountant with high level analytical skills, either qualified (CIMA/ACCA) or QBE
- Experience in a Business Partner role previously would be desirable
- A proven self-starter who works collaboratively but identifies and picks up tasks which need completing for the team to be successful.
- Excellent influencing & communication skills
- Advanced Excel and Finance system skills (SAP, TM1 & Power BI experience desirable)
- Experience with working within ambiguity and change
- Forward thinking, creative mindset
- Previous experience working within a global organisation would be advantageous
What we offer in return:
- A salary of circa £45,000
- 25 days annual leave
- 4 volunteering days annually
- Day off for your birthday
- Pension contributions
- Seasonal social and charitable events
- Training and development opportunities
You must have the right to work and live in the UK.
This role will be based remotely from home although occasional travel to our offices in Oxford, Colchester and London will be required.
Taylor & Francis Group an Informa Business
Informa is a leading academic publishing, business intelligence, knowledge and events business, creating unique content and connectivity for customers all over the world. It is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a member of the FTSE 100.
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under local law. This role may also be available on a flexible working or part time basis – please ask the Talent Acquisition team for more information.
To find out more about our business and the great career opportunities please go to our Careers Site: http://www.taylorandfrancisgroup.com/careers