Passionate about corporate communications and brand? We have exciting opportunity for a Corporate Communications & Brand Manager to join our fantastic new Corporate Communications team.
You will support the Communications Director to develop and embed our brand narrative in order to articulate our purpose and the valuable role we play in scholarly communications. You will support the development and implementation of a communications strategy that articulates our brand narrative and positioning on key issues. Your focus will be on communicating to key stakeholders within research communications and you will plan, execute and report on a range of PR, content and thought leadership activities.
You will seek out opportunities to articulate our brand narrative and positioning by feeding into broader discussions about research communications. This includes ensuring speaker opportunities at key industry conferences, and partnerships, op eds, blogs, press releases.
You will also identify and advise company spokespeople on specific topics related to our brand story by developing a coaching program. You will ensure spokespeople are always properly briefed about current industry topics, our policies and any reputational risks before public engagements.
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop high-level brand messaging that articulates our brand narrative/strategy/policy on a range of relevant topics
- Plan and implement a calendar of thought leadership activities to support this brand narrative and meet an agreed set of KPIs, with a specific focus on communicating through industry conferences and via a range of strategic partnerships
- Identify and work with a panel of staff who are designated spokespeople for specific topics; provide coaching for them on how to speak at conferences and ensure they are always well-prepared with background knowledge on policy/strategy/position/issues.
- Work with the Communications Director on reputation management and crisis communications planning
- Adapt core messaging to different channels in order to deliver consistency and clarity of message
- Undertake and support research activities to understand stakeholder, competitor and market developments, feeding this knowledge into own plans and those of the wider department.
- Present information in meetings, with a thorough understanding of the detail and context in which we are communicating
- Maintain reports, budgets, trackers as required, analysing performance of campaigns and activities and ensuring they meet their goals and deliver ROI/ROE
What we’re looking for:
- Experience of working in a communications team, understanding of the strategic role of communications and the implementation of corporate communications campaigns
- Experience of coordinating and delivering presentations, and coaching others on how to do so
- Great copywriting and story-telling skills with the ability to write for a range of different media
- Experience of conducting research
- Understanding of how to identify and engage brand channel partners
- Knowledge of LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube, including social advertising
- Knowledge of IT systems including core MS Office packages (Word, Excel, Power Point), web/cloud-based databases, CMS, and/or other bespoke IT systems
- Ability to proactively manage own time and priorities, managing multiple tasks at once
- Excellent relationship building and influencing skills
- Demonstrable customer and commercial awareness – including the competitive environment, potential partner organisations and market trends
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday (3 additional days at Christmas)
- 4 volunteering days per year
- Day off for your birthday
- Pension contributions (UK)
- Seasonal social and charitable events
- Training and development
At Taylor & Francis we care about our colleagues, promoting work-life balance, wellbeing and flexible working. We believe that the skills and experience you bring to Taylor & Francis are invaluable. We want you to have the opportunity to develop your abilities, and to innovate and develop in areas which you are passionate about.
You must have the right to work and live in the United Kingdom
This role will be based remotely from home although occasional travel to our offices in Milton Park, South Oxfordshire will be required.
The Company - Taylor & Francis Group an Informa Business
Informa is a leading academic publishing, business intelligence, knowledge and events business, creating unique content and connectivity for customers all over the world. It is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a member of the FTSE 100.
Taylor & Francis Group operates globally and produces high quality, peer reviewed books and journals. We produce unique, trusted content by expert authors, spreading knowledge and promoting discovery globally. We aim to broaden thinking and advance understanding, providing academics and professionals with a platform to share ideas and realize their individual potential.
To find out more about our business and the great career opportunities please go to our Careers Site: http://www.taylorandfrancisgroup.com/careers
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under federal, state or local law.