Business Development Manager |Informa Asset Intelligence – EquipmentWatch
Asset Intelligence, part of global media corporation Informa Group, is a market leading provider of data and business intelligence to the US construction and transportation sector. Our brands EquipmentWatch, Price Digest, Costtrax and Fleetseek are used by contractors, government transportation bodies, equipment finance providers and fleet companies to drive investment decisions and cost management strategies for their equipment fleets & assets.
We are seeking a motivated Business Development Manager to actively prospect new business opportunities and create satisfied, reference-able customers. We need an enthusiastic self-starter who can use their high energy in a fast-paced environment. This role will require a willingness to immerse oneself in the construction equipment industry to be successful. The position could grow into different career paths depending on your preference which could include sales development or business development executive of one or more of the Asset Intelligence portfolio of products.
- Prospect and develop relationships with potential customers to cultivate new business
- Must be comfortable with outbound sales approach (will not rely on inbound leads)
- Present detailed sales proposals to potential clients via online product demonstrations
- Conduct ongoing competitive market and industry analysis. Identify marketplace trends and potential product development avenues to produce revenue growth
- Maintain accurate records of all sales and prospecting activities including sales calls, presentations, closed sales and follow-up activities
- Document product feedback that will inform the feature roadmap
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred; 1-2 years of relevant sales experience
- Exceptional persuasive verbal and written communication skills with excellent telephone skills and a high level of attention to detail
- Proven track record in closing sales and achieving overall sales goals through development and winning new business practices
- Individual must be detail-oriented with strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Must be customer-focused and highly responsive
- Experience working in fast-paced sales environment
- Strong computer skills to include MS Office and CRM software
Other key successful attributes:
- Experience in a B2B data, software or information services environment a plus
- Knowledge and understanding of startup sales strategy is extremely valuable
- Anticipates and responds to potential opportunities and threats for the business relevant to the conditions of the market and industry
Informa is a leading business intelligence, academic publishing, knowledge and events group. We help customers in hundreds of professional, commercial and academic communities connect and learn, and create and provide access to content and intelligence so they can work smarter and make better decisions faster.
Our Informa Intelligence Division provides the niche, sector-specific intelligence and analysis that gives customers a competitive advantage. We focus on the areas that are most valuable to customers: where intelligence can be directly integrated into their workflow and practices, and where it is predictive and prescriptive, targeted at what will happen and what actions businesses can take, rather than what has happened already.
Why work at Informa
Employee experience is very important to us at Informa. On top of joining a supportive, diverse and ambitious team that welcomes all types of candidates. We are also flexible with different working patterns and prioritizes promotions internally. Our benefits include:
- Learning and development plan to assist with your career development
- 15 days paid vacation, 10 days paid sick leave, 9 national holidays, plus 2 floating holidays, 4 days for volunteering and a day off for your birthday!
- Competitive Benefits with 401k match
- Paid parental leave
- Commuters benefit
- Work with a high quality of specialist products and service
- Bright and friendly staff who are all “expert’s experts” and additional training and development for helping you achieve your career aspiration
- Share-Match options - become a shareholder
- Regular social events and networking opportunities
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under federal, state or local law.
This role may also be available on a flexible working schedule – please ask the Talent Acquisition team for more information. See how Informa handles your personal data when you apply for a job here