Business Development Executive – Financial Intelligence, Wealth Management | Remote
Informa Financial Intelligence currently has an opportunity for a Business Development Executive to join our Wealth Management Sales team. Informa Financial Intelligence provides actionable insight to help our customers make smarter decisions.
The world’s top global financial institutions and banks look to Informa Financial Intelligence for our authority, precision, and forward-focused analysis. We’re a global leading provider of fund management, wealth management, investment banking, and retail banking market intelligence and competitive research.
The Business Development Executive (BDE), will join our Wealth Management Segment and is responsible for identifying and developing new business relationships with Financial institutions. We are seeking someone with an entrepreneurial spirit, passion for sales, who takes a hands-on approach to build business opportunities and farming relationships. The goal of the BDE role is to reward efficiency, effectiveness, and results. It is important for this person to have the desire and potential to grow into a more senior role within Informa's Wealth Management segment in the future.
In this key position you will:
• Take the lead in the development of new business opportunities that support Informa’s overall growth strategy.
• Work closely with marketing, sales, and product management teams to achieve established lead generation goals, implement business development initiatives that maximize and grow the Informa footprint while generating bottom-line revenue for the company.
• Report directly to the Head of Wealth Management Sales.
• Play a fundamental role in achieving our customer acquisition and revenue growth objectives.
• Make dozens of calls per day, working with channel partners, generating interest, qualifying prospects and closing sales.
In this role you will:
• Source and qualify new sales opportunities through inbound lead follow-up and outbound cold calls and emails.
• Cement relationships with key decision-makers within existing customers, identifying cross-sell opportunities with individuals or other parts of the client’s organization
• Generate and qualify leads over the phone (e.g., cold calling, prospecting, schedule sales calls)
• Develop a holistic understanding of customer’s requirements and industry challenges and present Informa Wealth Management solutions.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Achieving and exceeding challenging revenue targets and sales objectives, as defined by the Sales Manager
• Source new sales opportunities through inbound lead follow-up and outbound cold calls and emails
• Convert leads and acquiring new clients in a competitive sales environment
• Actively maintains sales pipeline opportunity stages so that their pipeline is a true and accurate indicator of prospects' statuses; utilizes pipeline reports to provide sales forecasts to management
• Work collaboratively with Account Managers and Sales Specialist to achieve overall team objectives / revenue targets and identify new prospects to call upon at existing accounts and set up meetings with these prospects.
• Work with marketing on creating Sale campaigns to generate revenue for “new logos”.
BDE Metrics & Best Practices:
*All leads and communication to be tracked in SalesForce*
• Calls: 200/week
• Emails: 100/week
• New Logos: 10/week
• Meetings: 8/week
• Proposals: 2/week
• New Opportunities: 4/week
• Conversion metrics to be established
What you'll need to succeed:
• Proven inside sales experience
• Strong comfort level pitching a variety of solutions, ranging from syndicated data membership services to more tailored project-based consulting services
• Enthusiastic, competitive, results-driven and solutions-orientated with a strong work ethic
• Individual must have strong interpersonal and organizational skills and be detail-oriented.
• Good knowledge of financial markets
• Strong phone presence and experience making dozens of calls per day
• Proficient with corporate productivity, web presentation tools, and Salesforce.com
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
• Ability to multi-task, priorities, and manage time effectively
• Driven and motivated to achieve goals and quotas
Informa Financial Intelligence works with established Banks and Credit Unions, the FinTech disruptors, insurance providers and consultancies to help them understand how their own business performance across areas such as market share, operational efficiency, customer journey, cost of sales and customer servicing compares to their direct competitive landscape.
Informa Financial Intelligence provides a unique and a valuable platform consisting of research, data, and solutions for the banking, asset management, trading, wealth management and advisory markets. Our platform enables our clients to optimize their client engagement to drive new business growth and support client retention. Informa has always been recognized in the industry for offering highly customized systems and outstanding client service, which greatly enhances our customers’ client relationships. Our unique ability to create quality solutions, along with our capacity to deliver supply valuable market intelligence makes Informa a consistent market leader throughout the investment community.
What makes Informa different:
•Access to a global community of colleagues, brands and opportunities
•Competitive Benefits with 401k match
•Generous vacation days, 9 company holidays and time off to volunteer!
•Work- Life Balance
•Informa Awards to celebrate individual and team success
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under federal, state or local law.
This role may also be available on a flexible working schedule – please ask the Talent Acquisition team for more information.
See how Informa handles your personal data when you apply for a job here.