We are adding Business Analyst to our Product & Technology team. You will report to Head of Enterprise Solutions Delivery and play key part in bringing together user requirements and technical delivery. Part of your role will be analyzing, documenting business processes and identifying areas for improvement. You will work closely with various business stakeholders and technical experts to deliver on business objectives while adhering to our long-term technology goals.
What you’ll be doing:
- Understanding and documenting business processes and workflows and their relationships to current and future technology solutions
- Leading and facilitating workshops of varying sizes and composition so that groups achieve the required outcomes, and decisions are agreed
- Liaising with internal and external stakeholders to develop as is and to be processes Capturing information into sequence diagrams and develop these with the architectural team
- Prioritizing business and technology requirements, evaluating multiple options and contributing to the proposal of appropriate solutions using defined methodologies
- Demonstrating effective stakeholder management, representing business users’ requirements fully to bridge the gap between the business and technology across Project life-cycle
- Understanding where Business Analysis activities fit within the Project life-cycle and maintaining an awareness of industry best-practice
- Defining functional acceptance criteria, supporting UAT preparation and UAT sessions
- Working with the Programme Change Manager to define roll-out, training and business user support plans to enable a smooth transition to business as usual activity
What we’re looking for:
- Prior experience, plus relevant experience gained working in a project environment
- Excellent analysis skills, with the ability to evaluate and challenge information/assumptions from multiple sources to produce clear requirements documentation
- A background in the publishing industry is preferable but not required
- Demonstratable experience having worked on projects that have completed a full project lifecycle
- Prior experience at facilitating a shared understanding of problems across business and technology areas
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- A critical thinker
- Excellent listener who can facilitate working meetings and ask the right questions to identify issues
- Problem solving
- An awareness of structured analysis techniques
- Working knowledge of MS Visio
What we offer in return:
- 25 days annual leave
- 4 volunteering days annually
- Day off for your birthday
- Pension contributions
- Seasonal social and charitable events
- Training and development
At Taylor & Francis we care about our colleagues, promoting work-life balance, wellbeing and flexible working. We believe that the skills and experience you bring to Taylor & Francis are invaluable. We want you to have the opportunity to develop your abilities, and to innovate and develop in areas which you are passionate about.
- You must have the right to work and live in the United Kingdom
- This role is based at our Milton Park, Oxford office or may be remote
We would like to thank all applicants in advance and regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Taylor & Francis Group an Informa Business
Informa is a leading academic publishing, business intelligence, knowledge and events business, creating unique content and connectivity for customers all over the world. It is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a member of the FTSE 100.
Taylor & Francis Group produces high quality, peer reviewed books and journals. We produce unique, trusted content by expert authors, spreading knowledge and promoting discovery globally. We aim to broaden thinking and advance understanding, providing academics and professionals with a platform to share ideas and realise their individual potential.
To find out more about our business and the great career opportunities please go to our Careers Site: http://www.taylorandfrancisgroup.com/careers
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under local law.