We currently have an opportunity for an Asst. Territory Manager to join our Print books sales team. You will be representing the company to Corporate and Institutional customers and would be responsible for achieving annual sales targets, through sustainable and consultative account management and maintaining an awareness of the business and competitive trading environment.
What you’ll be doing:
- Achieving and exceeding sales targets for print book sales, contributing to the overall revenue objectives across profit centers.
- Plans, schedules and carries out regular sales visits to customers to achieve financial targets across product portfolio, customizing sales documentation and tools to maximize sales opportunities.
- Cultivate strong, holistic relationships with the customer base, working to ensure that trading with each account is sustainable, profitable and delivering a high level of customer satisfaction
- Report periodically to managers on sales progress and the business environment, this ensuring responsiveness to both the micro and macro trading conditions.
- Collects and disseminates market, competitor, and customer feedback, including passing on leads where the customer and business would be better served by a different T&F channel/offering.
- Establish a strategic approach to the short, medium and long-term business on territory, to ensure that activity is both relevant and flexible to the evolving trading environment over time.
- Uphold company trading and terms policy to protect profitability and value of business in this channel.
- Prepares for, attends, and contributes to sales meetings and events to build strategic awareness and to gather market relevant intelligence.
- Actively liaise with stakeholder departments or groups within the business to enhance T&F’s coverage of the territory – includes credit control, editorial, marketing and sales support
- Selection and adaptation of sales materials, analytics and catalogues for regular customer visits.
- Working with the production team to create and sell customiz
What we’re looking for:
- Previous experience working in both corporate and Institutional sales.
- Knowledge of the academic publishing industry and the book trade.
- Consultative sales skills and a customer focused approach.
- The ability to work independently and pro-actively.
- Willingness to travel extensively on territory and to conferences, book fairs as required
- Target driven approach and the skills to manage sales budgets
- Excellent negotiation skills, written and oral communication and presentation skills
- A collaborative and flexible approach to working both internally and externally
- Excellent commercial and financial awareness.
- Language skills appropriate to territory ·
- Good analytical, decision making and problem-solving skill
- Competent user of core MS Office package
This roles covers the territories of Bihar, Jharkhand and Orissa, so candidates will need to be able to travel to these locations.
We would like to thank all applicants in advance and regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified
Taylor & Francis Group an Informa Business
Informa is a leading academic publishing, business intelligence, knowledge and events business, creating unique content and connectivity for customers all over the world. It is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a member of the FTSE 100.
Taylor & Francis Group produces high quality, peer reviewed books and journals. We produce unique, trusted content by expert authors, spreading knowledge and promoting discovery globally. We aim to broaden thinking and advance understanding, providing academics and professionals with a platform to share ideas and realise their individual potential.
To find out more about our business and the great career opportunities please go to our Careers Site: http://www.taylorandfrancisgroup.com/careers
Informa is committed to equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, colour, creed, disability status, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.