Business Development Executive – Financial Intelligence, EPFR | Remote
Informa Financial Intelligence currently has an opportunity for a Business Development Executive to join our team to support the growth of our Institutional Fund Flows, Stock Flows and Asset Allocations Data.
The Business Development Executive is responsible for identifying and developing new business relationships with Financial institutions. As the Business Development Executive, the role will take the lead in the development of new business opportunities that support Informa’s overall growth strategy. We are seeking someone with an entrepreneurial spirit, passion for sales, who takes a hands-on approach to building business opportunities and farming relationships.
In this key position, the BDE will work closely with marketing, sales, and product management teams to achieve established Lead generation goals, implement business development initiatives that maximize and grow the Informa footprint while generating bottom-line revenue for the company. The goal of the BDE role is to reward efficiency, effectiveness and results. This position reports directly to the Head of Institutional Sales, Americas.
A competitive Inside Sales Representative, (Business Development Executive) that thrives in a quick sales cycle environment. The successful candidate will play a fundamental role in achieving our customer acquisition and revenue growth objectives. One must be comfortable making dozens of calls per day, working with channel partners, generating interest, qualifying prospects and potentially closing sales.
In this position you will:
Daily, tasked with “hunting” for new contacts, prospects, new account logos and opportunities in segments identified by leadership. Once a target is identified, the BDE is to handle first wave of client outreach, introducing Informa and our solution, and establish the next action item. Daily, make 50+ client contacts (calls, voice mails, emails, LinkedIn invites, etc.) Assist with establishing dialogue, scheduling meetings and demonstrations.
• Source new sales opportunities through inbound lead follow-up and outbound cold calling and emails.
• Qualify opportunities, then work with appropriate Sales Specialist for further development and closure.
• Develop advanced prospecting and planning skills.
• Generate and qualify leads over the phone (e.g., cold calling, prospecting, schedule sales calls and demonstrations).
• Build relationships with key decision makers.
• Determine customer’s requirements and present Informa solutions.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
• Sourcing sales opportunities through inbound lead follow-up, outbound cold calling (100’s per week) and email, and potential in person client/prospect meetings.
• Work with Account Managers and Sales Specialist to identify new prospects to call upon at existing accounts and set up meetings with these prospects.
• Work with Account Managers and Sales Specialist to identify new prospects segments and accounts.
• Learn and be able to demonstrate the IFI value proposition to top target personas. Requires good financial market knowledge and excellent presentation skills.
• Ensure an effective collaboration process between Informa Account Managers and Sales Specialist throughout the sales process.
• Achieve monthly quotas and objectives set by management.
• Work with marketing on creating Sale campaigns to generate revenue for “new logos.”
What you'll need to succeed:
• Proven inside sales experience
• Good knowledge of financial markets (Quant background a plus)
• Strong phone presence and experience making dozens of calls per day
• Proficient with corporate productivity and web presentation tools
• Experience working with Salesforce.com
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
• Ability to multi-task, priorities, and manage time effectively
• Driven and motivated to achieve goals and quotas
Informa Financial Intelligence works with established Banks and Credit Unions, the FinTech disruptors, insurance providers and consultancies to help them understand how their own business performance across areas such as market share, operational efficiency, customer journey, cost of sales and customer servicing compares to their direct competitive landscape.
Informa Financial Intelligence provides a unique and a valuable platform consisting of research, data, and solutions for the banking, asset management, trading, wealth management and advisory markets. Our platform enables our clients to optimize their client engagement to drive new business growth and support client retention. Informa has always been recognized in the industry for offering highly customized systems and outstanding client service, which greatly enhances our customers’ client relationships. Our unique ability to create quality solutions, along with our capacity to deliver supply valuable market intelligence makes Informa a consistent market leader throughout the investment community.
What makes Informa different:
•Access to a global community of colleagues, brands and opportunities
•Competitive Benefits with 401k match
•Generous vacation days, 9 company holidays and time off to volunteer!
•Work- Life Balance
•Informa Awards to celebrate individual and team success
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under federal, state or local law.
This role may also be available on a flexible working schedule – please ask the Talent Acquisition team for more information.
See how Informa handles your personal data when you apply for a job here.