We are seeking to grow our communications team with an exciting new opportunity for a Digital Communications Executive. As part of a busy communications team, the Digital Communications Executive will assist in developing and delivering communications activities and campaigns to promote F1000 Research and our partner platforms, including Open Research Europe, Wellcome Open Research and Gates Open Research.
You will use your keen eye for a good story to develop a sustained presence of strong research-related content that will engage our user community and the general research community. In addition, you will help to manage our social media accounts, and research and produce engaging blog content and videos to promote our activities and scientific highlights.
You should enjoy writing and be capable of turning complex information and practices into clear, concise and attractive language, with the ability to tailor your writing to your audience.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a motivated individual with some previous experience working in communications, marketing or digital media to join an innovative company to plan, design and produce impactful, digital-first communications.
What does the role involve?
- Management of our social media pages including Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram
- Researching and writing long form web, blog content and electronic Direct Mail content, plus human-interest features.
- Filming and editing short video clips & photos
- Driving improvements across all digital channels including web, social media and e-newsletters.
- Reporting on relevant metrics
- Researching and drafting award nominations and conference proposals
- Managing the submissions timetables for events towards the end 2020 and in 2021
- Maintaining a content calendar to map out all key content pieces throughout the year (blogs, news articles, case studies) to support our brand and reputation and tell our story, ensuring collation of content at industry days and other key events
- Building a strong knowledge of F1000 Research and its benefits
- Building strong relationships with colleagues in other departments, through regular meetings, co-design of marketing and communications activities and providing expert advice.
Essential skills for success:
- Strong practical social media management experience (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram) including shaping social media strategy
- A proven passion for managing social media channels, understanding their strategic marketing capabilities and the ability to produce informative and creative social media content.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including experience writing for and understanding different audiences and channels
- A proven ability to write engaging short and long form content from Twitter posts to blogs and articles
- Experience providing analytics data including using Google and Twitter analytics
- Experience of working under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Good attention to detail including accurate copy-editing and proofreading of text
- A curious and inquisitive mindset, with the ability to seek out the best stories and news pieces from across the business
Great additional skills:
- A good understanding of publishing systems and the scholarly ecosystem, including the key issues around Open Access, would be beneficial, although full training will be provided
- Experience managing dashboards and producing analytics
- Some experience editing photos and videos would also be useful
If this sounds like you, we would be delighted to receive your application. Please include a link to your portfolio or examples of your work (where applicable) within your CV or covering letter.
What we offer in return:
- 25 days annual leave
- 4 volunteering days annually
- Day off for your birthday
- Pension contributions
- Seasonal social and charitable events
- Training and development opportunities
You must have the right to work and live in the UK.
This role can be worked largely remotely from home, although the successful candidate will need to be available to commute to our offices in either Blackfriars, London or Milton Park, Oxfordshire, on a frequent basis.
At Taylor & Francis we care about our colleagues, promoting work-life balance, wellbeing and flexible working. We believe that the skills and experience you bring to Taylor & Francis are invaluable. We want you to have the opportunity to develop your abilities, and to innovate and develop in areas which you are passionate about.
We would like to thank all applicants in advance and regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified
F1000 Research Ltd provides innovative open access publishing platforms offering rapid publication and open peer review, whilst supporting data deposition and sharing for the research community. F1000 Research Ltd’s own publishing platform, F1000Research, was launched in 2013 and was the first open research publishing platform combining the ability to publish rapidly with functionality to ensure transparency, robustness and reproducibility of research. Building upon the growth and success of its core platform, F1000 Research Ltd also provides fully managed, open research publishing services directly to research funders and institutions, including Wellcome, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and soon to launch with the European Commission. F1000 Research Ltd is wholly owned by the Taylor and Francis Group, an Informa Group company
Informa is a leading academic publishing, business intelligence, knowledge and events business, creating unique content and connectivity for customers all over the world. It is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a member of the FTSE 100.
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under local law. This role may also be available on a flexible working or part time basis – please ask the Talent Acquisition team for more information.
To find out more about our business and the great career opportunities please go to our Careers Site: http://www.taylorandfrancisgroup.com/careers