Compliance Officer, Informa FTSE 100, London - (WFH in current Covid19 situation)
Informa is a leading business intelligence, events, and academic publishing business operating in the Knowledge and Information Economy. We are listed on the London Stock Exchange and a member of the FTSE 100. We operate in more than 30 countries and employ over 11,000 people globally, with a turnover close to £2.9billion in 2019.
Informa’s leading brands and expert teams deliver events and exhibitions, create intelligence-based products and data-driven services, convene communities in person and digitally and provide access to cutting-edge research for customers working in specialist markets, worldwide.
The purpose of the role is to provide professional, efficient and high quality management and oversight of key initiatives of the Divisional Compliance programme for Informa Intelligence, Informa Connect and Informa Tech, working with the CFO’s of each Division and the Group Head of Compliance. The Compliance Officer will be required to demonstrate a high degree of technical expertise in areas such as anti-bribery and corruption, international trade sanctions and will lead steering committees, Divisional projects and other ad-hoc initiatives to maintain a high standard of compliance resilience within the Divisions. The role is expected to be split evenly between the three Divisions, focussing primarily on the highest risk areas.
- Develop good relationships and work closely with Senior Leaders and key managers across the Division, to ensure that policy information, supporting processes and systems are communicated clearly and implemented effectively
- Responsibility for co-ordinating the response to compliance investigations, audits and concerns raised as they become apparent and the appropriate reporting thereafter
- Work collaboratively with business process owners and report on initiatives to mitigate known and emerging compliance risks to the Senior Leadership Teams, and Group
- To develop reporting metrics and KPI’s to demonstrate the effectiveness of the compliance programme
- Development an awareness and training programme for key initiatives, such as ABC, Anti-competition, Sanctions, Speak Up/whilstleblowing across the Divisions
- Manage and co-ordinate the Speak Up incident management process, providing appropriate guidance and reporting as required.
- Anti-Bribery – working with the Group Compliance team to deliver the Group’s Anti Bribery & Corruption programme across all three Divisions, including gifts & hospitality registers and audits, training and due diligence
- Trade Sanctions & International Trade – enhance the effectiveness of the current communication programme through stakeholder engagement with key internal functions
- Third Party Programme – implement appropriate due diligence compliance processes, and escalation methodology to cover key regulatory requirements including Sales Agents, JVs, and high risk third parties
- Respond to DD requests to facilitate the commercial side of the business
- Breach management - support the Head of Compliance in investigating and responding to alleged violations of rules, regulations, policies, procedures & standards.
- Providing training to employees on compliance areas and conducting awareness raising activities
- Attend/ represent the Divisions at regular management meeting/Group Compliance forums across Informa.
Knowledge and Qualifications
- A high standard of technical knowledge in relation to global anti-bribery and corruption, international trade sanctions and data privacy obligations.
- A good understanding of the principles of corporate governance
- Flexibility/adaptability to manage multiple wide-ranging compliance matters
- Proven ability to manage and complete projects across multiple business units and commitment to work collaboratively with numerous stakeholders at all levels throughout the organisation
- Demonstrated ability to identify, prioritise and resolve issues promptly and effectively in a commercial and practical manner, using established risk-based prioritisation methodologies
- Excellent organisational, communication, managerial, project management and administrative skills.
- Confident individual with a proactive attitude and a focus on delivery