Informa Intelligence, part of the FTSE 50 Informa Group, provides data, intelligence and insight to clients globally. Informa Intelligence has 2500 staff in 60 locations across the globe with significant coverage in the USA and a large central London UK office. We have over 100 product lines spanning five key industry verticals: Pharma, Finance, Maritime, Asset and Construction with dynamic and evolving plans to significantly grow the portfolio of products and customers.
EPFR – part of Informa Financial Intelligence – is the leading provider of fund flows and fund manager positioning data, who for 20 years has offered a timely view of changing investor sentiment, helping institutional clients generate alpha through both quantitative and discretionary investment signals. The market leader EPFR brand is looking for a Business Development Executive (Sell-Side and Central Banks) to join their team.
Role Overview – Business Development Executive (Sell-Side and Central Banks):
A rapid increase in demand for our products and services mean an exciting opportunity has arisen for a Business Development Executive to join the team in London, assisting the existing sales team with coverage of EMEA non-buy side institutions. We are therefore looking for a hungry self-starter that is looking for first steps into a sales environment, and keen to be part of a high functioning team. The successful candidate will have a positive and proactive attitude and have a high attention to detail, looking to produce quality output to support the team and sales process. The candidate must also be comfortable in dealing with clients and prospects both over the phone and in person, enjoy collaborating with internal business stakeholders, and qualifying prospects.
The role is based in our spacious, modern and centrally located UK head office on London’s Southbank, adjacent to the Tate Modern, with excellent and a wide variety of transport links.
This role would be suitable for a entry level sales role to someone who has 1 -2 years’ experience within a consultative sales role and an interest in working for the financial services sector.
Key Role Responsibilities:
The successful candidate will be responsible for both assisting and contributing to a core client bank within EPFR’s business in the EMEA Region, the Non-Buyside has a broad remit covering all of the Sell-Side institutions, Central Banks, Learning Institutions and Academics, Consultants, Research houses, Corporates and others.
Role & Responsibilities
- Support the sales process around EPFR’s range of proprietary datasets to non-buy side institutions and to help derive maximum value from the data.
- Be an integral part of the Non-Buy Side Team to ensure the Team can maximize their skillsets and achieve sales targets
- Work closely with EPFR’s Quantitative Research and Relationship Management teams in a collaborative approach to ensure alignment and coordination of client efforts.
- Own the white space document across our key clients, being able to pin-point our key stakeholders across firms and functions and in doing so assist in supporting EPFR and Informa’s overall growth strategy.
- Take on special projects, such as looking at client specific marketing, driven by timely economic and market events, associating them with EPFR Data.
- Manage and execute a wide array of client meeting follow ups, ensuring a smooth, timely and efficient client and prospect experience. This will be of most importance in the support of the sales team when they are travelling.
- Organise and participate in sales roadshows across the EMEA region and around lead generation
- In collaboration with product development and marketing, assist in the production, maintenance and delivery of sales and business development materials.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Academic background in finance, economics or a financial related discipline preferred
- 1-2 years of data sales, financial sales, research or client support related experience (Please note exceptional recently graduated candidates with less or no experience also considered)
- Able to demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills and a high degree of project management ability
- Experience in managing relationships with stakeholders of all levels
- Ideally experience of directly participating in or having had exposure to a structured sales process from lead generation through to negotiation and ongoing relationship management
- Able to provide examples to support their desire to work in an entrepreneurial yet team environment and their ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage their time effectively
- Proficiency or exposure to Salesforce or other similar CRM systems would be an advantage
- Proficiency in the suite of Microsoft Office products would be desirable.
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills
What we offer;
- A competitive compensation package, including an excellent base salary in line with individual experience and an above base incentive-based compensation package.
- International travel as and when required
- Rated as one of the top 5 large companies to work for in the UK, we also offer a world class career development program, as well as an award-winning flexible benefits package.
Why work for Informa?
- Learning and Development plan to assist with your career development
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, 4 days for volunteering and a day off for your Birthday!
- Fabulous office in Central London with a rooftop terrace and views of London landmarks, onsite gym and a variety of restaurants and amenities nearby
- Work with a high quality of specialist products and service
- Bright and friendly staff who are all “expert’s experts” and additional training and development for helping you achieve your career aspiration
- Life assurance
- Other flexible benefits include Healthcare, Cycle to Work scheme and Season Ticket Loans
- 5% Pension match
- Share-Match options - become a shareholder
- Regular Social Events and Networking opportunities
Informa is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all applicants who match the criteria of the job description will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, or national origin.