Informa Intelligence, part of the FTSE 100 Informa Group, provides data, intelligence and insight to clients globally. Informa Intelligence has 2500 staff in 60 locations across the globe with significant coverage in the USA and a large central London UK office. We have over 100 product lines spanning four key industry verticals: Pharma, Finance, Transportation and Industry & Infrastructure with dynamic and evolving plans to significantly grow the portfolio of products and customers.
Maritime Intelligence, part of Informa Intelligence, delivers news, intelligence and analysis on the global maritime industry enabling our clients to effectively navigate the market, identify trends and help them make effective business decisions. Covering the general commercial shipping industry our core areas focus on Containers, Dry Bulk, Tankers, Gas and Regulation. Maritime Intelligence is now recruiting for a Business Development Executive in their Central London office.
This role is accountable for meeting and exceeding the monthly, quarterly and annual Orders and Sales targets of the Maritime & Law such that it achieves sustainable, profitable Growth. The Maritime & Law Vertical produces £45m in revenue from four strategic revenue streams. These are Subscriptions, Consulting, Marketing Services and Copy sales.
Role & Responsibilities
- Executing Business development sales strategy
- The achievement of monthly, quarterly and annual BD sales targets.
- The creation and execution of BD Territory Plans
- The execution of best practice Pipeline and Opportunity Management and disciplined usage of the company system of record for CRM (SalesForce.com)
- Timely/accurate forecasting of Orders and Sales on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis
Skills & Experience
- Proven experience preferably in Business Information/Intelligence
- Proven experience in a 360 sales role with a new business development focus
- You must understand the basic business policies of a subscriptions business
- Ideally you will have knowledge of the Maritime & Law industry and its customers
- You will be enthusiastic towards your work. No results can be achieved without showing the dedicated passion
- An impressive personality to communicate effectively with clients and internal stakeholders.
- You must be able to cope up with working under deadlines
- High standards of working to team KPIs and delivering an ethos of winning methods rather than just winning results
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under local law.
This role may also be available on a flexible working schedule – please ask the Talent Acquisition team for more information.
See how Informa handles your personal data when you apply for a job here.