F1000 Research (part of Taylor & Francis Group) has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Publisher in Physical Sciences to join the team.
F1000 Research is an innovative open research publisher of scientific, scholarly, translational and clinical research across the physical and life sciences, engineering, medicine, humanities and the social sciences. The F1000 Research publishing system combines the ability to publish rapidly with functionality to ensure transparency, robustness and reproducibility of research. The publishing model combines the benefits of ‘pre-printing’ (providing rapid publication) with quality and transparency (open data and open peer review) and enables publication within days of submission, followed by open invited peer review.
Working alongside the Editorial and Publishing team, the Publisher will provide support on developing and Implementing suitable article types and associated editorial guidelines and checklists across the full range of Physical Sciences subjects, utilising the breadth of knowledge and capacity in Taylor & Francis.
What you’ll be doing:
- Developing and delivering an outreach plan for bringing in Physical Sciences content for the upcoming launch of the EC’s Open Research Europe publishing platform and other similar platforms.
- Support the development of F1000Research Gateways in the Physical Sciences
- Using existing editorial knowledge in the Physical Sciences to support, and on occasion conduct, prepublication checks on articles in the Physical Sciences submitted to all F1000 platforms
- Work with the existing Taylor &Francis project team as well as with the F1000 Research Life Sciences Senior Managing Editor and the S&T Publishing Director to ensure we have a set of relevant article types, article guidelines, policies, pre-publication checklists and appropriate peer reviewer questions that make sense across the Physical Sciences
- Build relevant researcher networks in order to increase awareness of F1000 Research in the wider Physical Sciences community
- Support the Production Manager to help identify and facilitate the indexation of Physical Sciences articles in the appropriate bibliographic databases
- Proactively identify and network with new contacts to position F1000 Research and its Gateways and Platforms as leaders in open science and open scholarship and identify potential new clients in the Physical Sciences
- Liaise closely with the F1000 Research editorial and publishing teams, ensuring awareness of other activities going on across the business, maximising opportunities for cross-over
What we’re looking for:
- Strong subject matter knowledge and experience in Physical Sciences
- Experience of working with authors and building networks with the wider research community
- Good management experience
- A strong understanding of the scholarly publishing ecosystem, particularly Open Access
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Highly effective when working under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to manage your own workload and prioritise multiple projects
- Experience solution finding and decision making
You should be self-driven, have proficient editorial experience in handling and editing articles, excellent commissioning and communication skills and have a good understanding and knowledge of the scholarly research ecosystem, particularly in the Physical Sciences.
What we offer in return:
- 25 days annual leave
- 4 volunteering days annually
- Day off for your birthday
- Pension contributions
- Seasonal social and charitable events
- Training and development
You must have the right to work and live in the United Kingdom
This role is based at our London office with some flexibility to remote working
At Taylor & Francis we care about our colleagues, promoting work-life balance, wellbeing and flexible working. We believe that the skills and experience you bring to Taylor & Francis are invaluable. We want you to have the opportunity to develop your abilities, and to innovate and develop in areas which you are passionate about.
Taylor & Francis Group an Informa Business
Informa is a leading academic publishing, business intelligence, knowledge and events business, creating unique content and connectivity for customers all over the world. It is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a member of the FTSE 100.
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under local law. This role may also be available on a flexible working or part time basis – please ask the Talent Acquisition team for more information.
To find out more about our business and the great career opportunities please go to our Careers Site: http://www.taylorandfrancisgroup.com/careers