Business Development Manager - Pharma Marketing Services -
Informa Business Intelligence currently has an exciting opportunity in our London St. Paul’s office for an ambitious new business focused Business Development Manager looking to join a world leader in our Marketing Services Division. Informa is an expanding global business and this is an excellent opportunity for a career-driven Business Development Manager looking to establish a fruitful career selling content marketing, advertising and sponsorship in a market leading and ever-growing Business Insights portfolio.
The Business Development Manager will be responsible for managing and developing client relationships and driving new business opportunities on multiple products and services. Selling Pharma Intelligences News content marketing, advertising and sponsorship, we are ideally seeking applicants that have a strong background in portfolio sales and new innovative marketing/advertising solution sales.
- Build new accounts in the Pharma and Medtech sector on products including Scrip, Pink Sheet Medtech Insights and In Vivo - delivering sponsorship and advertising revenue growth.
- Work with client to build bespoke marketing services campaigns including custom content, research and thought leadership programs
- To convince new accounts to invest in new and innovative ways of engaging our high value subscription audiences.
- To drive marketing/advertising new business both from existing and new account prospects and media agencies
- To work closely with the existing sales teams to complement and grow the business with new revenue streams.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Sales – An accountability and skill set required by all sales positions in Informa and at all levels with varying degrees of competency.
- Detailed preparation and research into the calls and customer
- Managing personal call rates and f2f meetings
- Planning of opening statements and matching suitability to customer and accounts and building a process for open ended questions to understands a customer’s challenges
- Assessing varying needs and matching solutions to right business and customer by ensuring benefits are understood
- Creating bespoke proposals
- Closing the sale
- Be responsible for managing campaigns from start to finish and for growing those client relationships.
- The Business Development Manager will assist the production team to ensure advertising campaigns go live on the site without a hitch, are successfully optimized, and perform to client standards.
- Delivery of performance reports to clients and benchmarking those results against similar campaigns.
Market Awareness – Maintaining a knowledge of the industry in which you work and an awareness of factors that may affect your business
- Experience of developing new revenue streams through creative publishing digital solutions and events
- Experience of selling managing large B2B advertising accounts and agencies
- Experience of selling B2B advertising and sponsorship solutions to new accounts and new divisions within existing accounts
- Experience of selling the benefits of marketing to a subscription audience
- Effective experience in utilizing a recognized Key account management structure
- Relevant sales training and experience
- Positive Experience of change
- Ability to work effectively in a matrix organization with multiple stakeholders
- Possession of strong influencing skills
- Proven experience in a similar role
To apply for this opportunity, please send your resume and a cover letter and salary expectations APPLY HERE
Informa’s Business Intelligence (BI) division provides specialist data, intelligence and insight to our customers, helping them make better decisions, gain competitive advantage and enhance return on investment.
BI has a valuable portfolio of digital subscription products, providing business critical intelligence to global, regional and niche communities within five core industry sectors: Pharma & Healthcare; Finance; Telecoms, Media & Technology; Maritime & Law and Agribusiness & Commodities.
Informa is committed to equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability status, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.