Informa Intelligence, part of the FTSE 50 Informa Group, provides data, intelligence and insight to clients globally. Informa Intelligence has 2500 staff in 60 locations across the globe. In Asia, we have offices in major financial hubs including Tokyo, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Singapore and Seoul. We have over 100 product lines spanning four key industry verticals: Pharma, Finance, Maritime & Transportation and Industry & Infrastructure with dynamic and evolving plans to significantly grow the portfolio of products and customers.
EPFR – part of Informa Financial Intelligence – is the leading provider of fund flows and fund manager positioning data, who for 20 years has offered a timely view of changing investor sentiment, helping institutional clients generate alpha through both quantitative and discretionary investment signals. The market leader EPFR brand is looking for a Business Development Executive to join their team.
Role Overview - Business Development Executive:
A rapid increase in demand for our products and services mean an exciting opportunity has arisen for a Business Development Executive to join the EPFR team in Hong Kong, assisting the sales team with coverage of Asia ex Japan clients and prospects. We are therefore looking for a hungry self-starter that thrives in an entrepreneurial sales environment whilst simultaneously enjoys being part of a team and working collaboratively with others. The successful candidate will have a positive and proactive attitude and be adept in managing and supporting client relationships. The candidate must also be comfortable in dealing with clients and prospects both over the phone and in person, enjoy collaborating with internal business stakeholders, and qualifying and following up with prospects and sales opportunities.
Role & Responsibilities
- Support the sales process around EPFR’s range of proprietary datasets to help clients and prospects derive maximum value from the data.
- Work closely with EPFR’s Quantitative Research and Relationship Management teams in a collaborative approach to ensure alignment and coordination of client efforts.
- Help grow and maintain relationships with both new and existing clients and in doing so assist in supporting EPFR and Informa’s overall growth strategy.
- Under the guidance of the existing team, undertake a new client and prospect origination program, including meeting some predefined activity targets, in order to help develop new commercial business opportunities for the team.
- Manage and execute a wide array of client meeting follow ups, ensuring a smooth, timely and efficient client and prospect experience. This will be of most importance in the support of the sales team when they are travelling.
- Organise and participate in sales roadshows in the region
- In collaboration with product development and marketing, assist in the production, maintenance and delivery of sales and business development materials.
- Experience & Qualifications:
- Academic background in finance, economics or a financial related discipline preferred
- 1-2 years of data sales, financial sales, research or client support related experience (Please note exceptional recently graduated candidates with less or no experience also considered)
- Able to demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills and a high degree of project management ability.
- Experience in managing relationships with stakeholders of all levels.
- Ideally experience of directly participating in or having had exposure to a structured sales process from lead generation through to negotiation and ongoing relationship management.
- Ability to provide examples to support their desire to work in an entrepreneurial yet team environment and their ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage their time effectively
- Proficiency or exposure to Salesforce or other similar CRM systems would be an advantage
- Proficiency in the suite of Microsoft Office products would be desirable.
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills.
- Fluency in Mandarin and/or Korean is a preference.
Informa is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all applicants who match the criteria of the job description will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, or national origin.