Chemist and Druggist began life in 1859 and since then transformed into a successful UK Pharmacy Publication that highlighted industry changes, events and opinions. By 1970, part of Chemist and Druggist invested in the development of PIP codes and data which helps uniquely identity pharmacy products. Today, this side of the business is known as C+D Data and it is the UK’s most comprehensive master data service. It enables efficient ordering and dispensing for 12,000 pharmacies while offering a unique market intelligence service for Healthcare that allows businesses to understand price comparisons, benchmarking and real-time status of drugs and medicines within the UK.
The Business Development Manager will be responsible for managing and developing client relationships while driving new business opportunities on multiple products and services. To successfully sell C+D Data, we are seeking applicants with a strong background in subscription sales and a proven track record of growing significant subscription uplift from customers through strategic selling.
This applicant should be capable of:
- Understanding and identifying a prospect’s needs while aligning them to C+D Data’s solution(s).
- Working collaboratively with the existing sales team to complement and grow the business with new revenue streams and ideas.
- Hunting C+D “growth-areas” while building rapport and relationships with new clients
- Being tenacious in the face of defeat by continuing to meet KPIs and remain motivated
- Bringing new energy and excitement to a rapidly growing brand within a FTSE 50 market leader.
- Meeting prospects face-to-face to capitalize on building and closing new revenue while maintaining a status of being a consultative and trusted advisor to all new prospects.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Sales – An accountability and skill set required by all sales positions in Informa and at all levels with varying degrees of competency.
- Detailed preparation and research into the customer calls and conducting due diligence before every call or meeting
- Managing personal call rates and f2f meetings with management and the wider business
- Bringing new and existing Pharmaceutical Manufacturers to utilize the C+D Data Management Service and Market Intelligence tools.
- Using Sales Navigator, SFDC, LinkedIn and Google interchangeably and with ease to identify new clients for C+D Data.
- Travel to prospecting clients that could translate into healthy new revenue for C+D Data
- Second-to-none organisation and time-management across Client Meetings and Calls, Microsoft 365 applications and sales tools like SFDC.
- Planning of opening statements and organizing a successful process for open-ended questions to understands a customer’s challenges and “value wedge”.
- Assessing varying needs and matching solutions to the rights businesses/ customers by ensuring benefits are understood.
- Successfully closing opportunities with the ambition to over-achieve on monthly KPIs.
- Working closely with our Data Team, Client Services and wider business to ensure that all feedback is correctly addressed.
Market Awareness – Maintaining a knowledge of the Pharma industry and an awareness of factors that may affect your business.
- Proven track record or developing new revenue through SAAS businesses/ other subscription services and closing business from white space accounts.
- Experience with any of the following industries: Healthcare Supply Chains (wholesaler, stock takers, system suppliers to pharmacy), Healthcare Applications or private/public healthcare bodies.
- Competent with Microsoft Office 365 suite, LinkedIn and Salesforce.
- Ability to work effectively across organizational hierarchies, from account and brand managers to Managing Directors and C-Level Executives.
- Possession of strong consultative skills and experience in opening and closing business.
- “Go get it” attitude across daily routines.
- Proven expeirence within a similar role - ideally 1 - 3 years in account management