Pharma Intelligence, part of FTSE 100 Informa Groups Business Intelligence division, delivers news, intelligence and analysis on the global healthcare and pharmaceutical industry enabling our clients to effectively navigate the market, identify trends and help them make effective business decisions.
It is an exciting time to join Informa! We are acquiring new businesses, launching new products, and expanding our services to customers and prospects worldwide. To support our growth plans in 2020 and beyond, we are looking for an ambitious Business Development Manager to join us.
The Business Development Manager will be responsible for managing and developing client relationships and driving new business opportunities on multiple products, services, client groups and territories. This is a hybrid role, requiring both account management expertise and a hunter mindset.
- Proactively hunting for new business opportunities, strategically targeting organisations that do not currently engage with our products and services
- Developing existing client relationships, identifying and maximising opportunities to cross / up sell
- Defining and delivering a sales plan, managing a robust pipeline and prepare accurate sales forecasts, new growth ideas and contingency plans
- Producing high quality, bespoke proposals based on a deep understanding of client challenges and successfully mapping against the benefits of Informa products
- Becoming an expert in the Intelligence product suite (subscriptions, one-time products, and consulting), our competitors and our clients, to provide excellent service & maximize sales
- Business Partnering with internal teams across account management, consulting and support teams throughout the client life cycle
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Several years b2b sales experience within data, intelligence or consulting sales
- Working knowledge of the Pharmaceutical or Healthcare industry would be highly desirable
- Proven track record in winning new business
- Exceptional communication and influencing skills, able to build credible relationships both internally and externally
- Experience using Salesforce would be beneficial