The Business Development Manager will be responsible for managing and developing client relationships and driving new business opportunities on multiple products and services. Selling C&D content marketing, custom research, advertising and sponsorship, we are ideally seeking applicants that have a strong background in portfolio sales and new innovative marketing/advertising solution sales.
- Build new accounts in the Pharma sector on Chemist and Druggist - delivering sponsorship and advertising revenue growth.
- To delight these clients and prospects with market leading sales and service both in your interactions and where they exist as part of the current account team.
- To convince new accounts to invest in new and innovative ways of engaging our audience.
- To drive marketing/advertising new business both from existing and new account prospects and media agencies
- To work closely with the existing sales teams to complement and grow the business with new revenue streams.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Sales – An accountability and skill set required by all sales positions in Informa and at all levels with varying degrees of competency.
- Detailed preparation and research into the calls and customer
- Managing personal call rates and f2f meetings
- Planning of opening statements and matching suitability to customer and accounts and building a process for open ended questions to understands a customer’s challenges
- Assessing varying needs and matching solutions to right business and customer by ensuring benefits are understood
- Creating bespoke advertising and marketing solutions proposals
- Closing the sale
- Working closely with our delivery teams to ensure campaign success
- Delivery of performance reports to clients and benchmarking those results against similar campaigns.
Market Awareness – Maintaining a knowledge of the Pharma industry and an awareness of factors that may affect your business
- Experience of developing new revenue streams through creative publishing digital solutions and events
- Experience working with suppliers to Pharma and Biotechs
- Experience of selling managing large B2B accounts and agencies
- Experience of selling B2B content and sponsorship solutions to new accounts and new divisions within existing accounts
- Experience of selling the benefits of marketing to a subscription audience
- Relevant sales training and experience
- Positive Experience of change
- Ability to work effectively in a matrix organization with multiple stakeholders
- Possession of strong influencing skills
- Proven experience in a similar role