The purpose of the role is to collect all monies owing to Informa within collections policies and procedures to ensure that collection targets are met and to also collect monies owing from customers who have exceeded credit limits or terms to minimise bad debts.
You must be able to maintain a caring, efficient, knowledgeable and effective interface with customers and colleagues at all times, resolve customer queries and collect payments within credit terms whilst maintaining and enhancing hard won customer relationships.
You must ensure that all company policies are adhered to and that specific duties are carried out within set time limits whilst providing an excellent level of service to all Informa customers and colleagues.
The Credit Control Specialist is expected to assume the following key responsibilities plus any other reasonable duties as required:
- Ensuring customer portal is highlighted to customers when contacted
- Responsible for collecting all monies owing to Informa within credit control policies and procedures to ensure that collection targets are met
- Collect monies owing from customers who have exceeded credit limits or terms to minimise bad debts (SSC Specific)
- Build close internal and external relationships with Sales and customers
- Responsible for ensuring all customer contact notes are entered and updated into SAP or appropriate system
- Manage the outstanding sales balances falling due and contact customers to obtain payment before the event start date if applicable to your division
- To resolve queries in a timely fashion and collect aged debt with a view to minimising bad debt provision
- Manage simple disputes through FSCM and escalate complex disputes to the Team Leader
- To achieve the monthly cash collection targets set for your specific section of accounts
- Responsible for looking after any unallocated cash items sitting on your set of accounts and work with the Cash Application team to have the monies applied if you are able to gain the appropriate back up from the customer.
- Responsible for providing weekly reports to the Business detailing current levels of debt if applicable for your division
- Provide/complete necessary documentation to customers to ensure the payment can be processed (vendor request forms, W9, W8, residency forms, tax exempt certificates, withholding tax certificates, etc.) (SSC Specific).
PEOPLE MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES:
- General duty of care to colleagues
- Work collaboratively across teams/businesses
- Act as a role model to others
- Provide help and a buddy system to other members of the team depending upon your level (SSC Specific).
SKILL & ABILITIES:
- Good communication skills with the ability to build good relationships with a wide range of stakeholders, internal departments and key contacts
- Proficient skills in Excel, Word and Outlook are essential
- Remain approachable under pressure
- Knowledge and ability to use relevant internal systems
- Act with integrity, tact and diplomacy
- Work as part of a team
- Ability to complete a variety of related tasks
- Pro-actively solve problems
- Excellent Customer Service skills
- Good time management skills
- Ability to be flexible within role
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
KNOWLEDGE & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Good knowledge and understanding of all Credit Control processes and best practice
- A thorough knowledge of SAP system preferable???????