The role is intended to provide and maintain a high quality service to both internal and external Publishing and/or Events customers, provide an effective and efficient service to customers and to enhance our customer service reputation.
There will be different tasks required dependant on your level and these will be SSC specific. You will need to refer to your SSC’s documentation for full details of these tasks.
You will be required to be flexible with your working hours dependent upon the opening hours of your specific SSC.
You should be aware of the customer and the whole customer experience, offering a ‘Gold service’ to all customers to show we appreciate their custom, responding in a polite and timely manner with all the required information relating to their order.
You must ensure that all company policies are adhered to and that specific duties are carried out within set time limits whilst providing an excellent level of service to all Informa customers and colleagues.
The Customer Operations Specialist is expected to assume the following key responsibilities plus any other reasonable duties as required:
- Utilise relevant systems to resolve customer requests
- Handle Inbound/Outbound calls
- Handle all correspondence concerned with orders and action any edits or amendments as requested
- Accurately record all relevant information provided by internal and external customers ensuring that the required quality standards are maintained
- Channel feedback from customers through to correct departments
- Process customer orders quickly and accurately, ensuring appropriate margins are achieved
- Responsibility for customer’s online access either directly (BI Tech Support) or indirectly by channelling queries to the appropriate department (SSC Specific)
- Ensuring that customer claims are handled efficiently through relevant systems.
- Responsible for escalating queries or complaints to your Team Leader or Manager where appropriate
- Building strong working relationships with business teams, customers and your team
- Respond to customer requests in a timely manner with high quality
- Other Ad hoc duties
- General duty of care to colleagues
- Work collaboratively across teams/businesses
- Act as a role model to others
- Provide help and a buddy system to other members of the team depending upon your level (SSC Specific)
- Good communication skills with the ability to build good relationships with a wide range of stakeholders, internal departments and key contacts
- Proficient skills in Excel, Word and Outlook are essential
- Remain approachable under pressure
- Knowledge and ability to use relevant internal systems
- Act with integrity, tact and diplomacy
- Work as part of a team
- Ability to complete a variety of related tasks
- Pro-actively solve problems
- Excellent Customer Service skills
- Good time management skills
- Ability to be flexible within role
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Good knowledge and understanding of all Customer Operations processes within your area
- A good knowledge of SAP system preferable
- Knowledge of best practice in customer service operations
- Recognised qualification preferable (SSC Specific)