Data Associate | Informa Asset Intelligence - Atlanta, GA
The Data Specialist supports the maintenance of internal databases utilized by EquipmentWatch & Price Digests, industry-leading analytics and benchmarking sources for off-highway equipment and on-highway vehicles. This position will be responsible for the collection and organization of new data points, cleansing existing data, and testing data coverage against market. The Data Specialist will work closely with Data Analysts and Senior Data Specialists to collect new information and specifications from a variety of sources, ensure the database is maintained by performing maintenance of older data, and dynamically expand market coverage into new branches of the industry.
The Data Specialist supports Data Analysts, Data Managers, and other Data Specialists in their regular testing against relevant markets and makes recommendations for corrections. Additionally, the Data Specialist assists in the collection of data on behalf of new product initiatives, often working closely with Senior Analysts to collect and manage new data elements.
The ideal candidate has data entry experience and understands the need for data accuracy and cleanliness. The company is in a high-growth phase and the ideal candidate is an individual with an interest in analytics and the ability to develop further in this role. This position is based in Sandy Springs.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintains and assists in the development of scaled collection and review processes to keep equipment databases in line with industry trends.
- Develops expertise and innovation for quality control processes supporting EquipmentWatch and Price Digests.
- Clearly communicates needs with analyst and management staff.
- Reports weekly progress to analysts and managers.
- Minimum 0-1 years of experience. The ideal candidate has specific industry experience in similar industries.
- Strong base of research skills to assess, interpret, and translate data from multiple primary and secondary sources into well-organized data collections.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to consult, partner, and work effectively with analyst leaders and business partners across cultures and functions.
- Process improvement skills to identify an opportunity for the advancement of data collection and management.
- Desire to advance in understanding of data collection and organization.
- Associate degree or equivalent required.
- Software: Required – strong working knowledge of MS Excel and internet research.
Informa’s Intelligence division provides specialist data, intelligence and insight to our customers, helping them make better decisions, gain competitive advantage and enhance return on investment Informa Intelligence has a valuable portfolio of digital subscription products, providing business critical intelligence to global, regional and niche communities within five core industry sectors: Pharma & Healthcare; Finance; Telecoms, Media & Technology; Maritime & Law and Agribusiness & Commodities.
Informa is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
What makes Informa different:
- Access to a global community of colleagues, brands and opportunities
- Competitive Benefits with 401k & stock purchase plan
- Generous vacation days, nine company holidays and time off to volunteer!
- Work-Life Balance
- Paid parental leave
- Volunteer days
- Informa Awards to celebrate individual and team success