Product Manager | Informa Intelligence (Maritime) - New York, NY
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Product Manager to join the Maritime team at Informa. We are a customer-focused business with smart and committed people who work in a collaborative and flexible environment.
As part of a small (but awesome [and growing]) product team, you will drive the commercial success of the product portfolio -- focusing on existing and new products in a portfolio of world-class brands which help customers from a broad cross-section of industries, including financial services, insurance, energy, shipping, law and government. We help our customers identify and manage risk, set strategy and optimize commercial opportunities, using our data-derived analytics products, news and analysis, consulting, marketing services and events.
We recently completed a significant investment in products and platforms and you will build upon these new foundations to identify and deliver high growth opportunities in specific markets. You will work with the management team to chart the strategic product roadmap, collaborating with Content, Technology, Marketing, Client Services and Sales to ensure successful implementation.
The ideal candidate will be a seasoned product manager looking to apply best practices from established product management organizations. The position will report to the Head of Product Management.
- Be the voice of the market across the business and be passionate about delighting customers via strong value propositions and excellent customer experience.
- Support the product strategy by developing a deep understanding of market trends, needs of prospective and current customers, as well as how customers use the current products and competitor products.
- Translate market knowledge into user personas and product positioning statements which serve as the blueprint for both plans to improve go-to-market activities and a major input into the product roadmap.
- Develop clear and compelling roadmaps and help support proposed strategies for new products and product extensions.
- Partner with Product Marketing to provide thought leadership around the product set and assist with product promotion and positioning in the marketplace.
What we are looking for:
- A commercially focussed, customer champion with first-hand B2B experience from either the insurance, financial services, energy, law or maritime markets.
- Strong product management experience and skills.
- Highly organized and attentive to detail.
- A calm demeanor with resilience, energy and good humor.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate at all levels of the organization internally and externally.
- Team player who brings a sense of positive energy and the ability to influence, inspire and motivate cross-functional partners across the organization.
- Strong business acumen and analytical skills with the ability to construct and evaluate different business model approaches to maximize ROI.
- Experience in a fast-paced digital subscription a plus.
About Informa Intelligence
Informa Intelligence provides digital intelligence and data-based products, consultancy and research services that help businesses in specialist markets make better-informed decisions, spot opportunities and gain competitive edge. We work in five markets, with over one hundred brands and many expert teams delivering predictive and action-based insight and intelligence.
Informa is committed to equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability status, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
What makes Informa different:
- Access to a global community of colleagues, brands and opportunities
- Competitive Benefits with a 401k match
- Generous vacation days, 9 company holidays and time off to volunteer!
- Work-Life Balance
- Paid parental leave
- Volunteer Days