Marketing Specialist | New York, NY
Informa Connect is seeking a digitally-savvy, content-loving Marketing Specialist to help drive audience growth, user engagement and database knowledge. The Marketing Specialist is charged with developing and executing high-performing, multi-channel campaigns that grow our audience reach, increase audience engagement and loyalty, deepen our audience knowledge and drive user-based revenue.
In this role you will:
- Collaborate seamlessly with brand, digital and content teams to align audience tactics to business goals
- Plan and implement integrated audience marketing campaigns: acquisition, nurturing, progressive profiling, retention and more
- Develop new, non-editorial content to drive reach and implement gating strategies for acquisition
- Conduct audience data segmentation and list management
- Analyze data, evaluate trends and create reports (standard and ad-hoc) to determine effectiveness of campaigns
- Identify new content opportunities and new areas of growth to improve conversion
- Partner with Circulation peers on audience statistics, data quality, validation
What you'll need to succeed:
- Bachelor degree (or equivalent) in marketing, communication or related field
- 2-3 years marketing experience in a media, publishing or digital content organization
- Proficient in e-mail marketing automation platforms (e.g., Eloqua, Marketo, ExactTarget/Salesforce Marketing Cloud, etc.)
- Strong analytical skills and understanding of web metric platforms (e.g., Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics)
- Experience with content management systems (e.g., WordPress, Drupal, etc.)
- Solid foundation of web content optimization, SEO and social media marketing
- Excellent copywriting and proofreading skills, as well as strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong project management and time management skills; ability to prioritize tasks based on impact
- Highly attentive to detail; always on top of schedules, metrics, insights
- Self-motivated with strong interpersonal skills to collaborate with multiple teams both internally and externally
- Travel <5% per year
- Experience in B2B media or foodservice/restaurant industry
- Experience in paid media campaigns (SEM, paid social, etc.)
- Knowledge of HTML/CSS
Who we are:
Informa Connect NY Portfolio
Informa Connect provides digital content, memorable face to face experiences, networking and professional development for customers in key industry verticals. The New York portfolio includes media and event brands across catering (Catersource), events/meetings (The Special Event, MeetingsNet, Special Events), foodservice (Nation’s Restaurant News, Restaurant Hospitality, Food Management, MUFSO), green building/sustainability (Greenbuild), insights/marketing/innovation (FEI, FUSE, TMRE, Marketing Analytics & Data Science), and retail (Supermarket News).
Informa is a leading business intelligence, academic publishing, knowledge and events business, operating in the Knowledge and Information Economy. We are listed on the London Stock Exchange and a member of the FTSE 100.
Informa is committed to equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability status, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
What makes Informa different:
- Access to a global community of colleagues, brands and opportunities
- Competitive Benefits with 401k match
- Generous vacation days, 9 company holidays and time off to volunteer!
- Work- Life Balance
- Paid parental leave
- Volunteer days
- Informa Awards to celebrate individual and team success