Sales/ Business Development Executive- Informa Tech | Detroit, MI
Wards Intelligence is a part of Informa PLC, a leader in automotive industry consulting and information services. We are seeking an ambitious and sales driven Business Development Manager for our suite of subscription, forecast and insights services in automotive and technology.
If you enjoy selling services to professionals and are interested in the automotive and technology industries, you can join a dynamic team and be at the center of both.
Our information products help key decision-makers within automakers, suppliers and financial institutions measure their businesses, illuminate opportunities, and evaluate risks. With autonomous vehicles looming, new fuel economy and emissions standards on the horizon, and ongoing global integration, the suite of Wards Intelligence subscription and consulting services sold by this position presents a great opportunity for the right candidate to help both traditional and new automakers and suppliers understand the changing landscape.
Responsibilities and duties will include:
- Introducing the company’s information capabilities to prospective customers and crafting proposals based on customer needs
- Developing and managing a strong sales pipeline, prospecting and assessing sales opportunities, and moving a number of transactions simultaneously through the pipeline to close
- Nurturing and expanding the company’s relationship with customer accounts of all sizes
- Meeting and exceeding monthly, quarterly and annual sales and revenue targets
- Acting as a point of contact, as needed, for customer support and assistance
- Providing regular reporting of pipeline, forecasts, and customer feedback
- Keeping abreast of automotive industry and technology news and developments for an understanding of customer issues, market trends, and competitor services
- Effectively communicate with management, clients and support staff to support all team and company objectives
- Traveling to customer locations and industry events in support of sales efforts, as needed.
- 2-5 years of sales experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including ability to lead client presentations
- Ability to travel as needed to company events, industry conferences, and client site visits
- Effective at selling remotely (by phone, email and WebEx) as well as in person
- Bachelor’s degree and experience selling services in a B2B environment, preferred.
Informa Tech provides market intelligence, news and analysis, bespoke consulting services, industry events and specialist online training to millions of customers worldwide through online platforms and multimedia subscription services. We provide businesses, professionals, academics, scientists and governments with information, so they can act, and ultimately make valuable and profitable decisions.
Informa is a leading business intelligence, academic publishing, knowledge and events group.
We help customers in hundreds of professional, commercial and academic communities connect and learn, and create and provide access to content and intelligence so they can work smarter and make better decisions faster.
Informa is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
What makes Informa different:
- Access to a global community of colleagues, brands and opportunities
- Competitive Benefits with 401k match
- Generous vacation days, 9 company holidays and time off to volunteer!
- Paid parental leave
- Informa Awards to celebrate individual and team success