AMA Research is a leading specialist provider of market research and insight to the UK building and construction industry, based in Cheltenham. AMA Research publishes over 150 off-the-shelf market reports and forecast bulletins and also provide research and analysis which goes beyond the more commonly available range of statistical and company information, delivering expert, informed commentary and in-depth market analysis. AMA Research also offers a broad range of bespoke services including commissioned market research projects and consumer and business surveys. AMA Research has 30 years’ experience offering market research services to blue chip organisations and more specialist companies both in the UK and overseas.
AMA Research is part of Barbour ABI, the market leading provider of UK construction intelligence services, based in Cheshire Oaks. With more than 80 years’ experience, our in-house team of research specialists and a dedicated economics team provide commercially relevant insight and unique analysis of trends and developments within the building and construction industry. Barbour ABI is the chosen provider of Construction New Orders estimates data to the Office for National Statistics and partner of the Government’s Infrastructure and Projects Authority in providing the National Infrastructure and Construction Pipeline.
Both Barbour ABI and AMA Research are owned by Informa, a leading international events and intelligence group and a member of FTSE 100, with over 11,000 colleagues working in more than 30 countries.
This role is to be based predominantly in our Cheltenham office.
This role involves managing all aspects of leading a team of 7 in-house research and support staff and 10 freelance researchers to deliver Construction market intelligence to a range of customers across the commercial and industrial sectors. You will work alongside sales, research and economics teams within AMA and Barbour ABI, developing the product offering of reports and bespoke research, and building strategic partnerships with stakeholders and customers.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
- Oversee all aspects of market intelligence reports and commissioned market research projects.
- Manage the AMA Commissioned Research manager and the AMA Research team to produce market research investigations into UK and International markets for identified products, sectors and markets. Manage preparation and presentation of coherent, detailed, written reports from these processes for publication or presentation to the client.
- Manage editorial of author/researcher outputs on published reports and commissioned research investigations across a range of target sectors and markets.
- Manage relationship with and workload of external agencies as required, including 10 freelance researchers.
- Work closely with the Economics team and data analysts across AMA Research and Barbour ABI.
- Liaise with clients to develop proposals and research methodologies for bespoke research projects.
- Lead and manage bespoke research investigations into UK and International markets incorporating a range of qualitative and quantitative research methods
- Identify & develop related report titles and business areas in line with company objectives in new markets.
- Develop appropriate primary (including personal and telephone interviewing) and secondary research techniques, data collation methods and analysis to prepare outputs to achieve information objective requirements.
- Research, write, edit industry reviews, features and articles for journals, magazines and newspapers etc.
- Work closely with sales and marketing teams to coordinate the production schedule and develop and edit promotional support material.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Five years’ experience of managing product and delivery teams for a market intelligence product
- Degree in a research discipline, statistics, economics, or similar
- Knowledge of the Building and Construction industry (preferred)
- Experience of market insight in a B2B environment (preferred)
- Demonstrated strong analytical and decision-making skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate analysis and relevant conclusions
- Knowledge of, and experience with, major providers of economic, financial, and industry data and analysis (preferred).
- Demonstrated ability to identify key economic, financial, regulatory, and demographic drivers of economic trends in sectors/on regional and national levels, and to assess how changes in relevant metrics will impact the industry as a whole.
- 26 days holiday per year – rising to 28 days after 2 years’ as well 4 days volunteering and a day off for your birthday!
- Beautiful central office with free car parking
- Private Pension
- Life assurance
- Other flexible benefits include Healthcare, Cycle to Work scheme and Season Ticket Loans
- 5% Pension match
- Share-Match options - become a shareholder
- Ongoing development and support
Informa is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all applicants who match the criteria of the job description will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, or national origin.