Producer | Burlington, MA
Informa is seeking a talented individual to join the CBI team in the role of producer. The Producer is responsible for identifying and researching leading edge, business-to-business issues and developing strategic conferences for targeted audiences that meet revenue expectations. The Producer recruits high-level speakers, negotiates deals, and synthesizes opinion into content while project managing business development needs and direct marketing initiatives.
In this role you will:
- Conduct extensive primary market research, predominantly through phone conversations, and determine the commercial viability of prospective conferences based on research results; share results in a feasibility format. (20%)
- Assess industry trends to identify commercially viable conference topics (10%)
- Organize, analyze, and synthesize complex information in to a commercial program; writes comprehensive market-driven outlines that become the guidelines for conferences that go to market. (15%)
- Develop professional networks to generate topics and recruits industry experts/speakers to address subjects in support of these commercial programs; negotiates speaker contracts. (15%)
- Acquire competitive lists that are in the public domain for expansion of speaker contacts, conference participants, sponsors, or industry experts. (5%)
- Travel to conference sites to oversee the production of commercial conferences; includes oversight of conference flow, faculty management, presentations, topic generation and registration setup. (10%)
- Serve as the project lead for assigned conferences; works with different members of the cross-functional teams to ensure that conference objectives and deadlines are met or exceeded. (10%)
- Responsible for the oversight of the P&L of assigned conferences. (5%)
- Become a mentor to associate program managers, providing guidance and support through weekly meetings (5%)
- Manage additional departmental responsibilities that involves weekly team reporting (5%)
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
What you'll need to succeed:
- Four-year degree or equivalent experience in journalism and/or management or a related field
- A minimum of 2-4 years business experience
- Demonstrated analytical, research and commercialization skills along with experience working in a leadership position or as a project lead with cross-functional teams
- Must have strong project management skills
- Demonstrated skills in networking, building relationships and strong verbal and written communication abilities are necessary for success. Proficiency with social networking sites and the internet
- Ability to work within tight production timeframes and on multiple projects, advanced proficiency in MS Office Suite
Other Key Success Attributes:
Experience in conference production and/or the bio/pharmaceutical industry is a strong plus. Proven ability to generate topics, promote ideas, and sell key attributes of conferences to recruit high-level speakers and partners to endorse the programs. Demonstrates a comfort level talking to the market with little ramp up time on new topic areas. Ability to present regularly to cross functional, departmental and project teams; must be comfortable with direct communication and feedback on job performance in both an individual and group setting.
Who we are:
Informa Connect - CBI
Informa Connect CBI , is the life sciences industry leader in providing thought leadership, actionable data, benchmarking, case studies and regulatory information through a dynamic conference platform that facilitates innovation, collaboration and elevation across the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device and healthcare industries. Informa Connect - CBI’s proprietary and intensive market research and product feasibility testing methodology has helped Informa Connect-CBI deliver timely and first to market content driven conferences. These include annual flag ship events such as PCC (Pharmaceutical Compliance Congress), PAP (Patient Assistance and Access Programs), Pharma Accounting and Reporting Congress, Pharma Forum and Medicaid and Government Pricing Congress.
Benefiting over 6,000 executives annually, Informa Connect-CBI conferences provide the market with leading edge, actionable information on the most compelling industry mega and micro trends through exclusive thought leadership presentations from our esteemed speaking faculty and government officials. Informa Connect-CBI conferences also serve to connect executives and decision makers with technology, regulatory and consulting solutions from Fortune 500 companies and the most cutting edge solution providers.
Informa is a leading business intelligence, academic publishing, knowledge and events business, operating in the Knowledge and Information Economy. We are listed on the London Stock Exchange and a member of the FTSE 100.
Informa is committed to equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability status, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
What makes Informa different:
- Access to a global community of colleagues, brands and opportunities
- Competitive Benefits with 401k match
- Generous vacation days, 9 company holidays and time off to volunteer!
- Work- Life Balance
- Paid parental leave
- Volunteer days
- Informa Awards to celebrate individual and team success