REGISTRATION SPECIALIST | OAK BROOK, IL
The Informa Tech Event Operations team is seeking an ambitious Registration Specialist to join our San Francisco, Oak Brook or Phoenix office.
This role reports to and assists the Director, Registration on managing registration operations for events produced in the Informa Tech portfolio. They will be responsible for assisting in executing registration operations and budgets while providing continuous improvements to streamline registration operations and effectively influence the registration project life cycle.
In this role you will:
- Serve as registration support for the event group (GM, sales, marketing, operations, and customer service)
- Assist with project life cycle from start to finish; updating timelines for all events
- Work with third party vendors to create work order requests and facilitate participation on show site
- Be responsible for processing invoices and updating budget forecasts
- Provide support for registration setup credential and/or conference programs; including registration scope, QA, and ongoing support for pre and onsite system environments
- Coordinate onsite event operations such as building effective and efficient registration layouts and order supplies and equipment
- Coordinate and supervise temporary and contract employees who provide onsite support for registration operations
- Assist the Registration Systems Manager to test, provide feedback for and implement registration systems
- Provide documentation for customer service and help to resolve customer escalations as necessary
- Perform additional duties as assigned
What you'll need to succeed:
- 1-3 years equivalent work experience
- 1-3 years of experience with CRM’s or Registration Systems
- Ability to effectively work within a team and independently, to review and process sensitive material with complete confidentiality
- Capable of assessing situations and making clear decisions in a timely manner in the best interest of the organization
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills, with proven ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines
- Ability to be analytical, solve problems and recommendation viable solutions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications – Word, Excel, Visio
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time
Who we are:
Informa Tech is the market-leading provider of integrated research, media, training and events to the Technology community.
We’re a global business of more than 600 colleagues, operating in 60 markets. Our purpose is to help drive the future by inspiring the Technology community to design, build and run a better digital world. We do this by informing, educating and connecting the community through our market-leading research, media, training and event brands. Every year, we welcome 2.700+ subscribers to our research, more than 3.8 million unique visitors a month to our digital communities, 42.700+ students to our training programs and 200.000 delegates to our events.
Informa is a leading business intelligence, academic publishing, knowledge and events business, operating in the Knowledge and Information Economy. We are listed on the London Stock Exchange and a member of the FTSE 100.
Informa is committed to equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability status, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
What makes Informa different:
- Access to a global community of colleagues, brands and opportunities
- Competitive Benefits with 401k match
- Generous vacation days, 9 company holidays and time off to volunteer!
- Work- Life Balance
- Paid parental leave
- Volunteer days
- Informa Awards to celebrate individual and team success
- 4 weeks parental leave