We currently have an opportunity for an Editorial Assistant to provide administrative support to our Editors for Politics & International Relations Books. This is an exciting opportunity to gain a great introduction to the world of book publishing, working across a range of text types including textbooks, research monographs and handbooks and across a broad range of sub-disciplines in politics and international relations, including: gender, religion, IPE, federalism, nationalism and ethnicity, globalisation, transnational politics, postcolonial politics, international political sociology, law, environmental politics, and non-Western politics and IR.
As Editorial Assistant, you will provide administrative support for the Senior Editor for Politics and International Relations, acting as a main point of contact for numerous authors, colleagues and other stakeholders.
Key responsibilities will include:
• Organizing manuscripts for production
• Preparing author contracts
• Regular liaison with authors and other departments and balancing author expectations with the needs of the business and market demand
• Arranging for the review of proposals
• Writing copy
• Maintaining editorial databases and general administrative tasks as required
What we are looking for:
• Strong organisational skills
• Excellent attention to detail
• The ability to prioritise a demanding and varied workload
• Willingness to work on your own initiative and as part of a team
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• A good standard of numeracy
• Proficient computer skills
• Willingness and enthusiasm to learn about academic book publishing (full training will be provided)
An interest in Politics and International Relations would also be beneficial, although this is not essential.
What we offer in return:
- A salary of circa £24,000
- 25 days annual leave
- 4 volunteering days annually
- Day off for your birthday
- Pension contributions
- Seasonal social and charitable events
- Training and development
You must have the right to work and live in the UK.
This role is based at Milton Park, Oxfordshire
We would like to thank all applicants in advance and regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified
The Company - Taylor & Francis Group an Informa Business
Taylor & Francis Group partners with researchers, scholarly societies, universities and libraries worldwide to bring knowledge to life. As one of the world’s leading publishers of scholarly journals, books, ebooks and reference works our content spans all areas of Humanities, Social Sciences, Behavioural Sciences, Science and Technology.
From our network of offices in Oxfordshire, New York, Philadelphia, Boca Raton, Melbourne, Singapore, Beijing, Tokyo, Malaysia, Stockholm, New Delhi and Johannesburg, Taylor & Francis staff provide local expertise and support to our editors, societies and authors and tailored, efficient customer service to our library colleagues.