The successful candidate will be experienced in building cross-functional relationships, able to influence, facilitate and hold to principles and standards whilst maintaining positive professional relationships.
The SSC Center Lead is expected to assume the following key responsibilities plus any other reasonable duties as required:
- Ensure that an excellent service is provided through accurate and timely processing of transactions
- Oversee the monthly close across the range of processes and take the lead in the timely production of all monthly financial output and reporting in accordance with Corporate timetable and policies.
- Ensure that the balance sheets are an accurate reflection of all assets and liabilities of the Group and all key account reconciliations are performed and reconciling items are cleared on a timely basis.
- Flag any control risks and instances of fraud (both actual and attempted) to the Regional SSC Lead as early as possible.
- Lead the monthly preparation and review of performance dashboards (showing actual performance against target) and identify necessary actions to resolve areas of under-performance.
- Ensure all statutory and regulatory deadlines are met
- Oversee integration activities for acquired businesses in line with the agreed integration plan.
- Build and develop an efficient and effective team; recruit and retain the best people for the job and actively plan for succession to develop and replace individuals effectively.
- Ensure required ServiceNow, SAP and Oracle approvals are completed in a timely manner
- Support all internal and external audit requirements
- Responsible for delivering the Global Shared Service Centre Strategy in their centre
- Design and embed appropriate strategies, business plans, vision and goals for the SSC
- Ensure SSC operation is aligned to Informa’s Group Finance Policy and objectives
- Investigate and monitor compliance legislation and its impact on SSC activities.
- Drive a culture of excellence and compliance to Global Policies
- Collaborate with Group and Divisions to identify value growth opportunities
- Responsible for continual driving improvement across the SSC
- Implement process changes and improvements which have been approved by the Global Process Owners.
- Play an active role in driving for change and continuous improvement in the business and within finance; highlight potential process or control improvement opportunities with a key focus on customer experience
- Ensure all process documents are up-to-date and readily available and that staff are aware of the key processes and how they function.
- Work with the business and Global Process Owners, both informally and by being part of specific forums to identify any changes to processes necessary through changing business requirements
- Attend governance meetings over financial processing/processes as required to report on issues and to take away actions as appropriate
- Ensure that the Group policies, controls and contractual SLA’s are being adhered to and followed
- Resolve escalated operational issues as specified by the governance model
- Meet with third party vendors on a regular basis to review performance and agree actions required to resolve areas of under-performance or SLA breach
What we’re looking for
- Motivate and lead your team to follow Company Strategy and the Shared Service Operating Model.
- Ensure that appropriate People Development tools are utilised throughout your team consistently and fairly to ensure optimum performance of all colleagues concentrating on both technical and soft skill development in conjunction with local HR colleagues
- Ensure that planning and prioritisation of work within the team is sufficient to maintain and improve performance metrics
- Ensure two-way communication structures are in place across the team and that messages are globally consistent.
- Ensure that recruitment needs are identified and work within the guidelines of the Global Organisation Structure
- Actively engage in talent management and ensure that succession planning is utilised in the development of your team
- Ensure that inter-departmental relationships are developed
- Implement a cross training schedule to ensure that workload is always covered
- Actively implement a culture of team engagement
- Work with Managers to overcome any escalated team issues.
- Act as a role model to others
- Work closely with HR to ensure all people management processes and policies are being adhered to
Skills & Abilities
- Motivates, inspires and acts as a leader amongst your team and your peers
- Act with integrity, tact and diplomacy to formulate trust at all levels
- Excellent, proactive communication skills
- Wide variety of communication styles and the ability to understand your audience and tailor your style accordingly
- A continuous improvement mindset with focus on the betterment of both your team and global support
- Understands the impact of change both locally and in the global environment.
- Looks to find the root cause of issues and knowledge of when quick wins or long term solutions are appropriate
- Uses measurements and data alongside intuition when problem solving
- Influential and able to communicate rationale behind thought processes
- Self-motivated, driven and open to new challenges
- Ability to remain calm and focused whilst under pressure
- Immersive and impactful presentation skills
- Demonstrable success in balancing the needs of the business with required quality of service
- Significant managerial background including a track record of managing large teams in a Shared Service Centre environment preferable
Knowledge & Qualifications
- In depth knowledge and understanding of the mechanics in your centre processes and how these fit into the wider environment
- Good knowledge of talent management, leadership and coaching
- Knowledge of working in global business environment with sound understanding of global process and transactional flows
- A track record of continuous professional and management development to personal skillset
- Knowledge of dealing with mergers, acquisitions and disposals
- Knowledge of lean, Six Sigma or other continuous improvement methodologies preferred
What’s in it for you
This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to lead the Singapore Shared Service Center, to work on a key high priority strategic initiative within Global Service Delivery which will contribute to the long-term underlying growth of Informa Group. You will have an opportunity to work across various divisions and with multiple stakeholders globally.
Please contact K.email@example.com if you are keen to learn more about the role.
Thank you for applying. We regret only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Informa is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all applicants who match the criteria of the job description will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, or national origin