Informa is one of the world’s leading knowledge providers. We create and deliver highly specialized information through publishing, events, training, market intelligence and expertise, providing valuable knowledge to individuals, businesses and organizations worldwide.
Informa Markets Division organizes transaction-oriented Exhibitions and trade shows, which provide buyers and sellers across different industries and communities with a powerful platform to meet face to face, build relationships and conduct business. Informa has a portfolio of more than 200 Exhibitions, serving a number of core verticals, including Property & Construction, Health & Nutrition, Beauty, and Pop Culture.
What we’re looking for:
Informa Markets is seeking a Finance Business Partner (FBP) for its Fashion Division. The Finance Business Partner is a trusted colleague to the commercial teams, using a deep understanding of Informa’s products, markets, customers and processes to drive business strategies and results. Operating in a culture of accountability and continuous improvement, the FBP uses commercial insight and analytical skills to grow the business and constructively challenge the status quo.
You are accountable for:
Month-end close: executes the monthly close process; provides extensive analysis in identifying key business drivers and P&L performance.
- Expense Accruals: Work with Business Analysts and departmental stakeholders to review and approve accruals. Liaise with back-office and review entries for timely adjustments to P&L
- Month end reporting: Prepare flash report highlighting key variances. Provide relevant and concise commentary to central team. Determine risks/opportunities and make corresponding adjustments to rolling forecasts
Budget, Forecast and Strategic Planning: Prepares and executes budgeting, forecasting and business planning processes, reports and analysis
- Responsible for submission of timely, accurate and commercially-focused budget and long-range plan, in line with agreed templates and timetables
- Demonstrate a deep, fundamental understanding of all costs in product and portfolio P&Ls, allowing savings to fund investment
- Review and challenge cost budgets from a granular zero-base (i.e. building from scratch, not rolling forward prior year)
- Prepare and challenge investment/business cases
Business Partnering: Develops and maintains a cost containment programs with the goal of improving the overall margin of the business; establishes key metrics to evaluate the operating efficiency of each business unit.
- Provide commercial and strategic insight and analysis to MDs and Presidents in setting product/portfolio strategy
- Partner with commercial team – for evaluating attractiveness of launches. Collaborate on projections based on underlying market data and customer segmentation.
- Work with Business Analysts & Commercial teams, providing support for pricing decisions and submission for C-Level approval.
- Review weekly sales report, raise trading issues with commercial teams and propose solutions for material variances. Provide concise commentary on trading vs target and risks/upsides
- Sales Commissions: Ensure commission structures and targets aligned to deliver budget and strategic goals. Review and approve sales commission payments.
What you bring to the team:
- Commercial agility: able to use business acumen, accounting and analytical skills to highlight data trends and deliver business results
- Operational excellence: able to instill a strong and seamless control environment, developing and using KPIs to support growth and tightly manage costs
- Technology: a good understanding of reporting systems and analysis tools to provide commercial insight
- Multitasking and organizational skills, with demonstrated initiative and self-direction
- Experience meeting varying deadlines
- Excellent written and oral communication
- MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) skills
What we offer:
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Access to LinkedIn Learning and other development/training opportunities
- Health and Wellness Benefits (medical, dental, vision)
- 401k and Matching
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Generous PTO policy
- Work-life balance
- Additional discounts through various partnerships
Informa is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, or national origin.
To be considered for one of Informa’s openings, please complete an online application at Informa.com or by clicking Apply.
Want to learn more about Informa and what makes us a great company? Check out the links below!