We’re currently looking to hire a Traffic Coordinator for our Philadelphia journals Production Department on our Distribution team to work Monday through Friday on our diverse list of academic journals. Our office is conveniently located in Old City Philadelphia and is accessible by public transportation.
You will be responsible for all facets of the print distribution from advising on print runs, ensuring on-time delivery to inventory management. Other responsibilities include managing postal permits. We’re looking for someone is who considers themselves self-motivated, detail-oriented, has an investigative nature, organized and has the ability to multi-task and excel in a fast-paced deadline driven environment. While familiarity with print manufacturing or distribution is desirable, it’s not essential.
What you’ll be doing:
- Serving as the main point of contact for vendors, internal and external customers
- Communicating promptly and effectively to provide excellent customer service
- Ensuring publication mail files are released according to schedule
- Troubleshooting problems, performing RCAs and, working to instill right first-time measures
- Ensuring data is maintained and up-to-date across multiple databases, reports and files
- Evaluating and processing internal print and warehouse orders
- Managing warehouse stock and costs
- Maintaining periodical permits and resolving postal permit matters
- Administrating tasks as assigned
- Initiating, leading and participating in department and company-wide improvement projects
- Serving as the department authority on all distribution-related items
- Serving as second-in-command for Team Lead; working collaboratively with global team
What we’re looking for:
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, oral and written
- Experience working with external vendors
- Experience working in a customer-facing role
- Ability to effectively communicate with people of all levels, from entry level staff to senior staff
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office software, particularly Excel
- Ability to learn quickly, demonstrate critical thinking, and take initiative to make situation-appropriate decisions using sound judgment
- Exceptional attention to detail and excellent organization skills
- Be able to multi-task and excel in a fast-paced deadline driven environment
- Ability to collect, organize and utilize data to drive decisions
- Ensure all work is completed on time and to agreed standards
- Flexibility to adjust to changes in work plans or assignments
What we offer in return:
- Competitive salary
- Ample paid time off
- Sick time
- Medical & vision benefits
- 4 volunteering days per year
- Day off for your birthday
- 401(k) match
- Flexible working schedule
- Remote working up to 2x a week
- Seasonal social and charitable events
- Training and development
At Taylor & Francis we care about our colleagues, promoting work-life balance, wellbeing and flexible working. We believe that the skills and experience you bring to Taylor & Francis are invaluable. We want you to have the opportunity to develop your abilities, and to innovate and develop in areas which you are passionate about.
- You must have the right to work and live in United States
- This role is based at our Philadelphia, PA office
We’d like to thank all applicants in advance and regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The Company - Taylor & Francis Group an Informa Business
Informa is a leading academic publishing, business intelligence, knowledge and events business, creating unique content and connectivity for customers all over the world. It is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a member of the FTSE 100.
Taylor & Francis Group operates globally and produces high quality, peer reviewed books and journals. We produce unique, trusted content by expert authors, spreading knowledge and promoting discovery globally. We aim to broaden thinking and advance understanding, providing academics and professionals with a platform to share ideas and realize their individual potential.
To find out more about our business and the great career opportunities please go to our Careers Site: http://www.taylorandfrancisgroup.com/careers
Taylor & Francis is committed to equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability status, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.