Informa is seeking an experienced senior reporter to join the Asia editorial group for its global pharmaceutical business news titles, including Scrip and Pink Sheet.
Informa’s industry-leading titles have been providing subscribers with expert analysis of the key events and trends affecting the pharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical technology industries for many decades. The successful candidate will contribute daily articles for the company’s digital platform and print publications as part of a dedicated team of journalists located across the globe.
In a typical week you would
- Write one story a day on issues such as:
- Company deal-making or financial updates
- Company leadership and strategy
- Pipeline progress for medicines in development
- Therapeutic area market intelligence
- Policy and regulatory developments
- Scientific conference coverage
- Speak to company executives and officials to augment your articles.
- Develop a data-led infographic.
- Research/write an original feature-length story.
- Attend a conference to report news, conduct interviews and build relationships.
- Work closely with other team members to set priorities and plan editorial direction.
What we’re looking for
- We are first and foremost looking for an accomplished business or science journalist who is comfortable regularly meeting senior external contacts and writing engaging content to tight daily deadlines.
- You’ll have the edge on other candidates if you have at least three years’ business journalism experience covering the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries.
- If you don’t have the above, you’ll need to demonstrate how your skills are transferable.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Chinese (Mandarin).
Skills and attributes
- Ability to extract key messages from complex information and communicating these effectively and succinctly (through written word /other formats).
- High level of curiosity with a desire for knowledge, and be prepared to ask and learn, with an authentic interest in others.
- High attention to detail, with the ability to consistently deliver articles requiring minimal editing.
- Desire to experiment and innovate with new formats and approaches such as podcasts.
- Collaborative approach to working with colleagues across the business.
- You should have a degree in journalism, sciences, languages or economics or equivalent career experience.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office suite (particularly Word), content management systems and infographic tools.
What we offer
- The chance to join a highly experienced regional and global editorial team.
- Competitive benefits package
Please contact email@example.com if you are keen to learn more about the role.
Thank you for applying. We regret only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Informa is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all applicants who match the criteria of the job description will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, or national origin