The Education team at Routledge/Taylor & Francis Group is looking for an enthusiastic, organized, career-oriented Editorial Assistant to work in our Milton Park, Oxfordshire office. Reporting to a US-based Senior Editor, the Editorial Assistant will provide crucial support across all phases of the book publication process, from the conceptual stage through to publication, in order to achieve agreed targets for the list. This is an excellent opportunity to gain a thorough introduction to the publishing industry and valuable insight into the inner workings of a large academic publisher’s editorial department within a varied and demanding role. We are looking for a highly motivated, enthusiastic candidate with excellent organizational skills, strong attention to detail, and a real interest in learning new publishing and business skills.
What you’ll be doing:
- Liaising with authors to keep publishing program on schedule, including monitoring due dates for manuscripts and related book materials;
- Preparing manuscripts for transmittal to production, including evaluating artwork and ensuring permissions have been cleared;
- Tracking projects throughout the reviewing, development, production, and publication stages;
- Preparing and administrating contracts for authors, editors, and contributors;
- Implementing and overseeing the peer-review process for new book proposals and manuscripts;
- Drafting descriptive and promotional copy and blurbs for books, and coordinating book cover design;
- Liaising and collaborating with other departments, including production, marketing, sales, royalties, and accounts payable;
- Answering routine author queries, including liaising with other departments as appropriate;
- Ensuring books databases are up-to-date with accurate information;
- General administration for the list, including making payments and ordering complimentary copies.
What we’re looking for:
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal);
- Strong organizational, prioritisation and time management skills;
- The ability to prioritise and multi-task in order to manage a large workload and a high volume of projects;
- The ability to work efficiently, calmly and to a high standard under pressure;
- The ability to work independently as well as collaboratively as part of a global team, with team members across multiple locations;
- Proficiency working with technology and systems, especially Microsoft Office;
- Good commercial awareness, and a commitment to supporting the overall goals of academic publishing;
- Administrative experience, and a commitment to a career in publishing: book publishing experience, particularly in Editorial, is helpful.
You must have the right to work and live in the UK.
This position is based at our office in Milton Park, Oxfordshire.
We would like to thank all applicants in advance and regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
In return we offer:
- Salary of circa 24,000 GBP
- 25 days annual holiday leave, plus an additional 3 days over the holidays
- 4 volunteering days annually
- Day off for your birthday
- A comprehensive benefits package including a company pension scheme
- Seasonal social and charitable events
- Training and development
We would like to thank all applicants in advance and regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified
Taylor & Francis Group an Informa Business
Informa is a leading academic publishing, business intelligence, knowledge and events business, creating unique content and connectivity for customers all over the world. It is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a member of the FTSE 100.
Taylor & Francis Group produces high quality, peer reviewed books and journals. We produce unique, trusted content by expert authors, spreading knowledge and promoting discovery globally. We aim to broaden thinking and advance understanding, providing academics and professionals with a platform to share ideas and realise their individual potential.
To find out more about our business and the great career opportunities please go to our Careers Site: http://www.taylorandfrancisgroup.com/careers
Informa is committed to equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, colour, creed, disability status, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.