Routledge is looking for an organised, methodical and motivated Editorial Assistant to join our books editorial team in Singapore. This is an excellent opportunity to gain a thorough introduction to the academic book publishing process in a demanding role where the assistant will be working on a range of academic books in social science and humanities.
The editorial assistant will provide administrative support to the Commissioning Editors and will be responsible for keeping databases up to date, assessing and passing manuscripts to production, sending proposals out for review, writing blurbs, drawing up contracts and supporting author activities. The assistant also acts as the main point of contact for numerous authors and internal departments.
Skills, Knowledge and Qualifications Required:
• Educated to degree level or equivalent.
• Strong time management and organization skills
• Ability to self-manage own workload
• Demonstrable ability to prioritise workload and multitask
• Excellent team-working skills, and a collegiate approach to working
• Calm and logical under pressure
• Meticulous attention to detail
• Good at troubleshooting, solution finding and decision-making
• Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
• Strong command of English (oral and written)
• Good knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite of programmes.
• Previous Publishing experience would be an advantage but not necessary.
This role is based in Singapore.
The Company - Taylor & Francis Group an Informa Business
Informa is a leading academic publishing, business intelligence, knowledge and events business, creating unique content and connectivity for customers all over the world. It is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a member of the FTSE 100.
Taylor & Francis Group operates globally and produces high quality, peer reviewed books and journals. We produce unique, trusted content by expert authors, spreading knowledge and promoting discovery globally. We aim to broaden thinking and advance understanding, providing academics and professionals with a platform to share ideas and realise their individual potential.