Marketing Specialist | Boston, MA
Informa is seeking a dynamic and collaborative Marketing Specialist to join the Informa Connect Life Sciences team in Boston. The ideal Marketing Specialist possesses excellent analytical, organizational and communication skills as well as strong numerical aptitude. The ability to identify and prioritize effectively activities that have the highest profit impact within the many and varied tasks that a marketing specialist tackles each day is essential. Copywriting skills and strong interpersonal skills are highly desirable as both written and oral communication form an integral part of the role.
The most successful candidates are hard-working, driven individuals who demonstrate this determination to succeed by going that extra mile to make all their campaigns as successful as possible through the seamless coordination of both the content and operational aspects of marketing campaigns. Attention to detail and strong project management skills are a must.
In this role you will:
- Work with the management team to map out a marketing strategy and campaign marketing plan for the series of events in the portfolio. This will include: creating marketing strategy documents/briefs, calendars and production schedules, managing budgets, and executing the campaign through managing various channels and being the main liaison with the central team, external suppliers and internal colleagues
- Plan and analyze the most effective media, customer segments and promotional activities used and targeted within campaigns and build on this insight to formulate event promotion campaigns. These are focused on generating paid and non-paid delegate attendance to events.
- Evaluate the marketing campaigns’ successes and failures and make any necessary adjustments as the campaign is executed. This includes circulating weekly reports and planning priorities for weekly meetings.
- Maximize the depth and spread of the marketing campaign through working with internal team members and external suppliers such as industry publications, associations, media partners, event speakers, sponsors and other event partners.
- Conduct post event analysis to assist decision making in other promotion campaigns. This includes prepping a post-event report following each event. (strong understanding of Google Analytics)
- Set up or assist in the set up and monitoring of PPC campaigns
- Lead and assist key event set-up tasks in various internal systems and manage the process for making event websites live and continuous updates and changes (*strong understanding of CMS / admin for CORE, landing pages, and email marketing tools)
- Attend and contribute ideas to event and divisional strategy and update meetings
- Monitor schedules/deadlines during all phases of promotions
- Undertake special marketing projects where necessary
What you'll need to succeed:
- 3-5 years’ experience with marketing, communications and/or project management
- Degree educated
- Experience managing the full life cycle of event marketing from: promotion, communications, advertising, email marketing, social media, SEM marketing, etc.
- Excellent knowledge of digital marketing, platforms and tools (e.g. SEO, paid search, social, Wordpress or other CMS system, email service provider, social media)
- Ability to manage key performance indicators to determine which campaigns are successful (excellent knowledge of Google Analytics)
- Ability to manage a complex range of stakeholders: media partners, event producers, program teams, external agencies, database / central support, etc.
- Technical expertise in managing digital platforms (Adestra, Infront, Unbounce Sprinklr, Google Analytics, etc.)
- Ability to manage budgets and negotiate contracts
- Professional written and oral communication skills
- Organizational skills, ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Analytical skills (ability to evaluate metrics and make insightful recommendations)
- Ability to travel to LeadingBiotech Conferences
Who we are:
Informa Connect organizes major branded annual events and operates specialist digital communities that are key convening places for a particular market.
We run around 800 events each year in over 60 countries, create digital platforms based on engaging news and information content, and operate professional development programs for individuals and businesses in Global Finance, Life Sciences, and Pharma and in a number of other specialist markets.
Informa is a leading business intelligence, academic publishing, knowledge and events business, operating in the Knowledge and Information Economy. We are listed on the London Stock Exchange and a member of the FTSE 100.
Informa is committed to equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability status, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
What makes Informa different:
- Access to a global community of colleagues, brands and opportunities
- Competitive Benefits with 401k match
- Generous vacation days, 9 company holidays and time off to volunteer!
- Work- Life Balance
- Paid parental leave
- Volunteer days
- Informa Awards to celebrate individual and team success