Business Development Manager | NYC
Informa is seeking an ambitious Business Development Manager to join our Informa Global Finance team in New York, New York. This Business Development Manager Role is a fantastic opportunity to continue your career in Informa’s Global Finance division who runs market leading events across the globe, providing customers with unique content, networking opportunities and community interaction.
Our world class portfolio includes flagship Inside ETFs Florida, Inside ETFs Canada and WealthStack. Supporting our clients with year-round contact, exclusive content and access to clients from across the globe.
To continue our success into 2020, we are looking for an experienced, focused and motivated events sales professional with a proven track record of growing accounts and securing new business.
In this role you will:
- Secure sponsorship and exhibition revenues in line with Portfolio needs and personal targets, building and maintaining a strong forecasted pipeline of opportunities
- Generate new business, qualifying strategic selling opportunities and target market/clients
- Develop key accounts and existing client relationships, identifying and converting opportunities to cross/up-sell
- Produce quality proposals and contracts to aid the sales process, providing innovative solutions based upon a deep understanding of traded funds investment product base
- Business Partner effectively with internal Marketing/Ops/Production team to ensure accurate delivery of client/event requirements
- Manage the sale from lead generation to on-site delivery at the event
- Build a thorough understanding of Financial market, clients and competitors
- Attend key Global Finance and competitor events
What you'll need to succeed:
- 2-4 years SpEx / Media / B2B / proficiency in events sponsorship sales
- Demonstrating a consultative sales process in handling complex sales cycle, responding with considered and creative solutions
- Undertaking mapping exercises on both product and client base, and competitor landscape
- Understanding your customer's needs and drivers to maximize revenue from new and current/previous sponsors
- Engaging with stakeholders at a C-Level, comfortable in cross/up selling to both acquire new business and grow existing accounts
- Working knowledge of Salesforce.com or similar systems, having lead and encouraged team members to protect and maintain the integrity of the system
- A confident and articulate verbal and written communicator, can foster strong relationships both internally and externally
- Possesses excellent prioritization skills, has the foresight to anticipate obstacles and displays tenacity in overcoming them
- Has gravitas and mental agility when presenting solutions
- Ability to strategically plan and prioritize your personal sales approach
- Takes pride and personal responsibility for maintaining Informa brand
- Proven experience of working and thriving within a high performing sales culture
Who we are:
Informa Connect is a specialist in content-driven events and digital communities that allow professionals to meet, connect, learn and share knowledge. We operate major branded events in Global Finance, Life Sciences and Pharma and in a number of other specialist markets, and connect communities online year-round.
Informa Connect's Global Finance business offers cutting-edge market-driven content and facilitated networking, delivered through major branded events and year-round digital platforms to specialist communities in international finance. We are the leading event organiser for professional Finance communities, with specialist brands in the Private Equity, Investment Management, Banking and Payments and Fintech sectors.
Informa Connect's Global Finance business operates over 200 events a year, which collectively attract more than 30,000 senior attendees and share the insight of over 6,000 leading speakers annually. Through our continually-enhanced live events, and our digital communities based on exclusive content, customers gain fresh insights, build relationships and create new commercial opportunities.
Informa is a leading business intelligence, academic publishing, knowledge and events business, operating in the Knowledge and Information Economy. We are listed on the London Stock Exchange and a member of the FTSE 100.
Informa is committed to equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability status, gender orientation, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
What makes Informa different:
- Access to a global community of colleagues, brands and opportunities
- Competitive Benefits with 401k match
- Generous vacation days, 9 company holidays and time off to volunteer!
- Work- Life Balance
- Volunteer days
- Informa Awards to celebrate individual and team success
- Paid parental leave