The position has arisen as cover for the current Head of Marketing on a 12-month Fixed Term Contract.
We are looking for a candidate that is driven, motivated and understands the event marketing industry. This position will be responsible for a team of 22 marketers across 7 UK-based events, and 7 international events in Miami, Brazil, Istanbul, Dusseldorf, Thailand, the Netherlands and China.
This individual should be calm under pressure, think methodically, is an exceptional problem solver and is always striving for leading a team in best practice marketing. The successful candidate knows how to prioritise the marketing teams’ time for delivery and will ensure they leave no stone unturned in the bid for successful campaigns.
The role will be responsible for a wide variety of events, awards, content and digital products within the Industrial Portfolio part of Informa Markets EMEA. The role has dual reporting lines to both the EVP Industrial (Simon Parker) and VP Marketing EMEA (Clare Puddifoot).
The portfolio has several events spanning Health and Safety, Facilities, Tissue, Security, Fire, Wellbeing, Materials Handling and Logistics. It is a global business with events in the UK, Europe, Asia and the US. We also have a number of complementary Awards and content platforms and have ambition to significantly increase our digital footprint across key markets.
The role would be responsible for the strategic and tactical marketing delivery for the entire portfolio.
The successful candidate would work with key stakeholders including two Group Directors to deliver campaigns to drive engagement and audience delivery.
Background Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Established experience in marketing
- Experience of driving a strong marketing team is essential – you have managed large teams and know how to get the most out of your team, know how to motivate, how to develop top talent and how to inspire the team to create brilliant and successful marketing campaigns
- Thorough understanding & experience of digital (PPC, SEO, online advertising) and direct marketing
- Database development and growth including segmentation / advanced targeting knowledge
- Commercially driven
- Exceptional marketing planning skills
- Experience of working in a pressurised environment
- Well versed in contributing to product development and working closely with the stakeholders to help define the future of the products
- Analytical and questioning mindset
- Technology savvy. Able to quickly adopt and help the team work with new technology solutions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills