We currently have an opportunity for a Business Development Manager to join our UK based professional and corporate sales team, working globally on developing new business from brand new customers. This role will involve working with the existing corporate sales staff to identify gaps in our existing customer base, and then working up and delivering sales pitches that convert to meaningful new revenue streams. The role will also involve working on cross-divisional initiatives with other companies within Informa, looking at levering their presence in specific markets to drive new customers to Taylor & Francis.
What you will be doing:
• Identifying, planning and carrying out prospecting to develop and convert new customers to achieve financial targets across our product portfolio, customizing sales documentation and tools to maximize sales opportunities
• Developing & managing relationships with key internal stakeholders, identifying cross selling opportunities and reporting on sales progress and the business environment
• Collecting and disseminating market, competitor, and customer feedback, including passing on leads or connecting new content providers to editorial teams
• Establishing a strategic approach to short, medium and long-term business development activity to ensure that activity is both relevant and flexible to the evolving trading environment over time
• Working closely with the marketing teams on product and brand promotions to specific customer sectors and clusters, optimizing product sales by building improved sales and marketing processes
• Preparing for, attending, and contributing to sales meetings and events to build strategic awareness and to gather market relevant intelligence
• Selection and adaptation of sales materials, analytics and catalogues for regular customer visits
• Working with the production and digital teams and third parties to create and sell customized versions of existing products either in response to or anticipation of customer demand.
What we are looking for:
• Consultative sales skills and a customer solution focused approach
• The ability to work independently and pro-actively, but also collaboratively with local and global colleagues in initiating sales opportunities and projects
• A positive, resilient and flexible approach to working and a willingness to experiment and reflect openly on the results and merits of initiatives
• Target driven approach and the skills to manage sales budgets
• Excellent negotiation skills, with strong communication and presentation skills
• Sound commercial and financial awareness combined with analytical, decision making and problem-solving skills
• Experience of content or solution selling to corporate customers
• Knowledge of the publishing industry, book trade, corporate learning and/or media desirable
• Experience in selling or marketing content, digital knowledge or learning-tech products to corporates & related community desirable
• Competent user of core MS Office package
Some UK travel may be required as part of this role.
What we offer in return:
• 25 days annual leave (plus 3 for Christmas)
• 4 volunteering days annually
• Day off for your birthday
• Pension contributions
• Seasonal social and charitable events
• Training and development
You must have the right to work and live in the UK.
This role is based at our offices in Milton Park, Oxfordshire.
We would like to thank all applicants in advance and regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified
Taylor & Francis Group an Informa Business
Informa is a leading academic publishing, business intelligence, knowledge and events business, creating unique content and connectivity for customers all over the world. It is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a member of the FTSE 100.
Taylor & Francis Group produces high quality, peer reviewed books and journals. We produce unique, trusted content by expert authors, spreading knowledge and promoting discovery globally. We aim to broaden thinking and advance understanding, providing academics and professionals with a platform to share ideas and realise their individual potential.
To find out more about our business and the great career opportunities please go to our Careers Site: http://www.taylorandfrancisgroup.com/careers
Informa is committed to equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, colour, creed, disability status, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.